Quake HD Pack 2014 for PC

seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on February 25, 2014 by Wookiestickin Games > PC
Torrent verified.

• Game: Quake
  • Platform: PC

Quake HD Pack 2014 for PC (Size: 3.18 GB)
 quake.zip3.18 GB

Description

This is my personal compilation of HD Quake-- both mission packs are included. This is the Darkplaces port -- generally accepted as the best looking modern source port of Quake 1. This was lovingly tweaked and picked from what I thought was the best content from the Quake community. Everything has been retouched-- the art, HUD, sound, music, monster models, and more. This includes modern high res textures faithful of the original design with normal/bump maps, glossmaps, and lumamaps. Get a small sample of this in the screenshots tab. The gameplay remains unmoddified in vanilla Quake, and this should connect to other unmodified clients in multiplayer.
The soundtrack has some extended work with remixes that were added, but for purists I did include the unedited high quality ogg (just rename the .1pk3 extension to pk3). Also included is the most awesome Kleshik Coop mod, which has an incredible level of creepiness to it. I highly recommend that you try it out, either in single player or online.
All these over the top visuals come at a price. While the Darkplaces port of Quake is normally pretty scalable on system requirements, to run this at high detail with this custom maxed out art you should ideally have a:
Core 2 Duo / AMD Phenom or newer CPU
Radeon 4800 / Nvidia Geforce 260 series or better video card
6 GB of system memory minimum
with all the textures on, with 8 GB being best with all the eye candy.
You can disable any addon of your picking by renaming the pk3 extension to something else, such as monster_reforged.backup_pk3. Disabling addons will improve performance at the cost of loss of eye candy. For compatibility's sake, I set the resolution to 1280 by 720 but you can change this in the in-game options by pressing the escape key. If you have problem, rename the config.cfg and autoexec.cfg files to config.backup and autoexec.backup.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
3.18 GB
seeders:0
leechers:1
Quake HD Pack 2014 for PC

Trailer

All Comments

The original quake heavily modded.
Runs perfectly, looks great. I hadn't played Quake since Tenebrae was real popular, so it was time to play again anyway. This looks great without messing with the look and feel of Quake's style.