Psychotherapy After Brain Injury : Principles and Techniques (2010) - Pamela S. Klonoff {PDF|EPUB|MOBI} [Seduction28]

seeders: 13
leechers: 2
Added on August 2, 2014 by Seduction28in Books > Textbooks
Torrent verified.

Psychotherapy After Brain Injury : Principles and Techniques (2010) - Pamela S. Klonoff {PDF|EPUB|MOBI} [Seduction28] (Size: 6.55 MB)
 2010 - Psychotherapy after brain injury principles and techniques -. Klonoff.epub1.54 MB
 2010 - Psychotherapy after brain injury principles and techniques -. Klonoff.mobi1.68 MB
 2010 - Psychotherapy after brain injury principles and techniques -. Klonoff.pdf3.32 MB

Description

Worth 50$

"A must read for psychology interns and postdoctoral residents who plan to provide psychotherapeutic and behavioral services to patients and families who are wrestling with the numerous life challenges following acquired brain injury....The chapters are well written and consistently structured which makes for easy reading....I found the content refreshing in that it helped me to think about my own practice and other creative ways in which to address complex situations. The book is filled with helpful tables, handouts, homework exercises, and therapeutic techniques that are well written and thoughtfully designed. I think that most seasoned practitioners in rehabilitation come to appreciate the importance of flexibility in day-to-day practice....Klonoff's book certainly helped me to add to, update, and polish up my own personal therapeutic tool kit....One of the book's major strengths is Klonoff's eloquent retelling of case studies that complement chapter themes. In my experience, this teaching method can be very effective with trainees who are learning to provide psychotherapeutic services....A nice addition to the literature on treatment following acquired brain injury. Being that it stresses the process and provision of psychotherapy, it is an excellent complement to other resources that outline cognitive rehabilitation and behavioral management techniques in more depth. In my opinion, books like this are a must read for psychology interns and postdoctoral residents in neuropsychology and rehabilitation psychology. I plan to require my residents to read sections of the book with the other required reading in brain injury rehabilitation....I would strongly recommend making room for it on your bookshelf."

- Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society

"Brain injury psychotherapy has evolved into a robust subspecialty with a range of evidence-based treatment modalities, ranging from cognitive rehabilitation to behavioral self-management, to insight-oriented psychotherapy. This is presented all in one package by brain injury expert Pamela Klonoff. While this book is designed for clinicians working in structured program settings, most of its lessons can be productively applied by clinicians working in outpatient, office-based settings....A clinical masterwork by a seasoned doctor that takes a hard-headedly realistic, yet exquisitely compassionate approach to the treatment of patients with traumatic brain injury. If you are a neuropsychologist or psychotherapist who evaluates or treats brain-injured patients, this is the standard by which you should be practicing, and this book is required reading."

- International Journal of Emergency Mental Health

"Contains many helpful hints and practical suggestions regarding planning psychotherapy sessions and other general psychotherapeutic treatment considerations....Klonoff includes a number of case studies that are helpful in terms of understanding techniques, describes important issues with respect to communication, and also discusses treatment termination and therapist self-care. She makes helpful suggestions, introduces useful techniques, and provides checklists that will help clinicians conduct psychotherapy with brain-injured individuals. Klonoff describes relevant psychotherapy research literature from the humanistic–existential psychotherapy approach. She also includes a number of helpful suggestions about getting paid for doing psychotherapy with brain-injured patients....Clinical neuropsychologists, counselors, social workers, and others who may include brain-injured patients in their practices would certainly profit from reading this book. Klonoff is an excellent clinician and expert clinical neuropsychologist. She has done a very commendable job in producing a practical book that can help clinicians conduct psychotherapy with brain-injured patients....Psychotherapy After Brain Injury is a valuable contribution to the psychotherapy literature and will very likely be extremely helpful in facilitation the provision of higher quality psychotherapy services to brain-injured individuals."

- PsycCRITIQUES

About the Author

Pamela S. Klonoff, PhD, ABPP-CN, is a faculty neuropsychologist and Clinical Director of the Center for Transitional Neurorehabilitation, Barrow Neurological Institute of St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona. She has been affiliated with the program since 1986. Dr. Klonoff is board certified in Clinical Neuropsychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology. She specializes in outpatient milieu-oriented neurorehabilitation, with a particular interest in psychotherapy with patients and their families after brain injury. Dr. Klonoff has published many articles and presented theoretical and clinical papers around the world; her expertise and research focus on holistic neurorehabiltation, including psychotherapy and cognitive retraining after traumatic and other acquired brain injury.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
6.55 MB
seeders:13
leechers:2
Psychotherapy After Brain Injury : Principles and Techniques (2010) - Pamela S. Klonoff {PDF|EPUB|MOBI} [Seduction28]