Princess Chelsea - The Great Cybernetic Depression (2015)

seeders: 0
leechers: 1
Added on July 8, 2016 by keymayersin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Princess Chelsea - The Great Cybernetic Depression (2015) (Size: 99.52 MB)
 Front.jpg25.54 KB
 07 - Winston Crying On The Bathroom Floor.mp34.82 MB
 09 - We're So Lost.mp38.77 MB
 02 - Is It All Ok.mp39.4 MB
 01 - When The World Turns Grey.mp39.75 MB
 10 - All the stars.mp310.41 MB
 06 - We Were Meant 2 B.mp310.9 MB
 08 - We Are Strangers.mp311.15 MB
 05 - We Are Very Happy.mp311.34 MB
 03 - No Church On Sunday.mp311.41 MB
 04 - Too Many People.mp311.56 MB

Description

Chelsea Nikkel, better known by her stage name Princess Chelsea, is an experimental 'space pop' musician from Auckland, New Zealand, and a previous member of twee pop band The Brunettes and Auckland band Teenwolf. Nikkel is associated with the Lil' Chief Records collective and is a part-time member of Auckland soul group The Cosbys and Disciples of Macca, a Paul McCartney covers band featuring members of The Brunettes, Ruby Suns, Bressa Creeting Cake and Lawrence Arabia and more recently performs as bass player in three piece rock n roll band 'Hang Loose'. Nikkel works in Auckland as a composer.

Her baroque musical style has been attributed to her classical training, and the New Zealand Herald praised her "angelic vocals and acerbic wit". Her best known song, "The Cigarette Duet" received significant press exposure after its distinctive video went viral on YouTube in early 2012, recently reaching over 20 million views. This led to her being featured on The Guardian's "New Band of the Day".

After the release of Lil' Golden Book, Chelsea Nikkel toured the album. Nikkel began work on her second album in October 2012.[1] Nikkel announced the album title in May 2013. It was originally scheduled for a release in early 2014, but was rescheduled to May 2015 for unknown reasons.

"The Great Cybernetic Depression" is a metaphor for the anxiety and depression she was experiencing during the writing of the album.

"It's a fictional world event 10 or so years in the future (of course). It is a metaphor for the anxiety and depression I was experiencing during the writing of said album. I like channelling personal stuff through a narrative. It's easier to sing about the end of the world than how sad you are. However sometimes on the album I just straight up get emo on it – 'We Are Very Happy'. I'd like to try to be able to do that more in the future. I think it takes guts to be cheesy and emotionally direct."

- Nikkel on the album title

After the release of 'The Cigarette Duet' from Lil' Golden Book, Chelsea gained a fan base and introduced a new genre of music to people. Chelsea believes that her music has evolved since her last album in 2011, and that this album is quite different from the last.
"I'm always sort of terrified people who loved the first album will hate [this album] but you know what, Lou Reed always said make music for yourself and I like it."

Artist...................... : Princess Chelsea
Album.................... : The Great Cybernetic Depression (2015)
Genre..................... : Alternative
Total Tracks..... : 10
Extension........... : MP3
Total Size........... : 99,5 MB
Language........... : English
Total Runtime. : 43:17
Cover...................... : Yes

1. When The World Turns Grey (04:15)
2. Is It All Ok? (04:06)
3. No Church On Sunday (04:58)
4. Too Many People (05:02)
5. We Are Very Happy (04:57)
6. We Were Meant 2 B (04:45)
7. Winston Crying On The Bathroom Floor (02:06)
8. We Are Strangers (03:49)
9. We're So Lost (03:49)
10. All The Stars (04:32)

Note : The copyright of the record belongs to the original distribution company only, here is only for user reviews. If you like the bands/artists, support them by buying their music on iTunes or go to their shows.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
99.52 MB
seeders:0
leechers:1
Princess Chelsea - The Great Cybernetic Depression (2015)