[Preston_Blair]Cartoon Animation (The Collector's Series)(chm){Zzzzz}

seeders: 7
leechers: 1
Added on September 30, 2014 by zombie_roxin Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

[Preston_Blair]Cartoon Animation (The Collector's Series)(chm){Zzzzz} (Size: 25.14 MB)
 front_cover.jpg53.47 KB
 back_cover.jpg60.43 KB
 [Preston_Blair]Cartoon Animation (The Collector's Series).chm25.03 MB

Description

This is the one sourcebook that cartooning and animation enthusiasts have been clamoring about for years! A time-tested classic, this tried-and-true reference is often used as a textbook in cartooning workshops, and beginning and professional cartoonists alike are known to have copies of Cartoon Animation in their libraries. In this comprehensive title, famed animator Preston Blair shares his expertise on how to develop a cartoon character, create dynamic movement, and coordinate dialogue with action. Topics include character development, line of action, dialogue, timing, and, of course, animation! This valuable resource provides all the inspiration and information you need to begin drawing your own animated characters.

Series: Collector's Series
Publisher: Walter Foster Publishing; 1 edition (1994)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1560100842
ISBN-13: 978-1560100843

Editorial Reviews

From the Publisher
The Collector’s Series books offer a selection of popular projects form best-selling titles in the How to Draw and Paint series. The Collectors Series books cover fundamentals and explore the techniques of featured artists. Each title provides in-depth instruction and numerous illustrations. All are perfect for the coffee table or reference library.

More About the Author
Biography
Preston Blair was a native Californian from Redlands. He attended Pomona College, then studied art at the Otis Art Institute and illustration under Pruett Carter at Chouinard Art Institute (now California Institute of the Arts). He exhibited widely as a member of the California Watercolor Society and the American Watercolor Society in New York.

Blair was one of the fine artists of animation. With the Disney Studio, he designed and animated the hippos in "The Dance of the Hours" and animated Mickey Mouse in the "Sorcerer's Apprentice" (both in Fantasia), parts of Pinocchio, and the segment in Bambi when the owl tell about love in the "tiwitterpatted" speech.

At MGM, Blair directed Barney Bear shorts, and is well known as the animator and designer of Red Hot Riding Hood in the Tex Avery epic shorts. Later, Blair moved to Connecticut and produced television commercials, educational films, and half-hour cartoon episodes (including the Flinstones) for West Coast producers. More recently, he was an inventor of interactive TV systems using animation methods to teach reading or to provide full-figure game action that simulates reality--for example, playing tennis with an animated opponent.

Blair died in April 1995 at the age of 85.

Customer Reviews

THE book for young cartoonists--
By A Customer on August 13, 1999

I've been in or near the cartoon business for 50 years and Preston Blair's "Cartoon Animation" played a big role in my education. In fact, most of the professional cartoonists I've known or worked with had a copy of this book in their desks-- I just bought another copy (that makes about 30 in my lifetime-- I used it as a text book in cartoon workshops at the Univ, of Wash. and Ohio State Univ.)
When studied as a text, this book teaches us how to bring characters to life, whether you are in the animation field or drawing for print media. The pages on "follow-through" and "stretch'n'squash" are the most important lessons a young cartoonist can learn--

Professional Animators Use This Book
By "magicpencil" on September 21, 2001

This is the book to own if you want to become an animator! It is extremely helpful in teaching basic cartoon character construction techniques and features lots of information on creating animation.
This book is in most professional libraries and is extremely handy as a reference tool. I recommend it to all aspiring animators and cartoonists and I require it for my classes at The Center For Character Animation in New York. It's Highly Endorsed by this Emmy Award Winning Cartoon Animator!

What a treat!
By Jon Kemerer on June 28, 2000

This book (along with Jack Hamm's figure drawing book) is the only book I constantly re-read and practice. Preston's one heck of an animator and with a little patience and practice you can pull of some great stuff with what you'll find in "Cartoon Animation".
Topics include: Developing Characters, Line of action (Invaluable!), dialouge, timing, and of course the core of this book, animating! There are a few dozen topics covered, these are mere highlights.
This book is very inspiring, and Preston is also very encouraging. Take his advice written in this book to consideration, Preston won't let you down.

Great!!!
By Pedcorace on January 11, 2007

Along with THE ANIMATION SURVIVAL KIT and the OZAMU TEZUCA collection ( that are the #1 for really learn animation on the step by step and really detailed explanation and views), this one is the last complement remaining to complete the collection that I already had finished. YOU HAVE TO GET THIS ONE and go and get the ones I mentioned, just after that you will have the complete tutoring, teaching, and best of the best animation books ever NO MORE BOOKS ARE NEEDED after complete this collection I told you!!!

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
25.14 MB
seeders:7
leechers:1
[Preston_Blair]Cartoon Animation (The Collector's Series)(chm){Zzzzz}