Poser Daz3D Steampunk Instrument props

seeders: 25
leechers: 3
Added on December 28, 2014 by angmojillin Applications > Windows
Torrent verified.

Poser Daz3D Steampunk Instrument props (Size: 4.33 MB)
 runtime.7z3.07 MB
 Readme.7z777.91 KB
 bakelite-all.jpg340.18 KB
 bakelite scaling.jpg179.08 KB

Description

(Actually, i guess the term 'Retro' is better than steampunk, as these are electrics, not steam/air pneumatics!)

This used to be a free prop from a guy in Australia (Tim P. back in 2006), but he seems to have soured on 3D models and tinkers with robots now. All of his free 3D models have long been deleted. Pity he didn't just move them to sharecg, after all he put the work into it already!

The official name is 'Bakelite Beauties', implying wood grain is simulated by an early plastic which could be safely used for electronic devices. It consists of a cast-metal frame, plus 8 small instrument cases. The unit load as fairly large - at V4 face level, but I included a simple guide showing how to rescale to be waist high to an V4/A4. I also fixed up several textures errors, where the props (PP2 files) referred to texture files that didn't exist - no doubt they did on the author's system, but not as released.

Tim's readme only mentions Poser 6, but there are no pose/mat files. The PP2 props load a few textures directly from runtime/textures files, so I assume they'll work fine in DS.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.33 MB
seeders:25
leechers:3
Poser Daz3D Steampunk Instrument props

All Comments

What a great idea!

I love this.

Thank you very much!

Well, of course thanks to Tim P for thinking it up! I actually thought I'd lost it as well, as I knew where the CR2 'stand' was in my runtime, but not the PP2 cases (I'd misfiled them ). Yet once I did find and relocated them, since the original source is long gone, I figured I'd better extract out & clean up the runtime for safety.
Thanks...