Pink Floyd - 1966-1967 - Flowers and Vegetables - Fixed [FLAC]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on September 7, 2013 by HenryMcCleanin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Pink Floyd - 1966-1967 - Flowers and Vegetables - Fixed [FLAC] (Size: 158.58 MB)
 0208 - Jugband Blues.flac19.48 MB
 0207 - Scream Thy Last Scream.flac19.15 MB
 0205 - Vegetable Man.flac16.89 MB
 0203 - Mathilda Mother.flac15.85 MB
 0206 - Pow R Toc H.flac15.18 MB
 0101 - Lucy Leave.flac14.35 MB
 0102 - I'm a Kingbee.flac14.14 MB
 0201 - Flaming.flac11.71 MB
 0202 - The Gnome.flac9.64 MB
 0204 - The Scarecrow.flac9.03 MB
 0105 - Experiment.flac7.54 MB
 0104 - Silas Lane.flac5.53 MB
 fp9a.jpg28.83 KB
 fp9c.jpg25.17 KB
 fp9b.jpg25.16 KB
 Comment, Flowers and vegetables.txt3.12 KB
 FlowersandVegetables.txt975 bytes
 Flowers and Vegetables.txt755 bytes

Description

If you’re like me (which you’re probably not) then you probably still (regardless) are keen to buy anything by Syd Barrett.
It doesn’t matter what kind of bootleg, knock-off, cdr, picture disc vinyl from a disused pressing plant in Krakow…doesn’t matter.
Just a photo of Syd on the front and a few outtakes, and I’ll cheerfully get my wallet out.

So, the other night my girlfriend and I are piloting my VW Beetle through the asphalt jungle of Huntington Beach, to shop at
Vinyl Solution – one of the few record shops left in southern California that’s worth bothering with. And there, in front of the
Pink Floyd bin card, are three copies of a record called “Flowers and Vegetables” by Pink Floyd. Green-tinted monochrome sleeve,
profusely adorned with Syd-era Floyd pics. Sealed in shrinkwrap. Price? 18.99 U.S. Reasonable. Out comes the wallet…

Ya see folks, I can’t resist, though I will do you the service of telling you all that I know about this record, so you can decide
in a more…um, dispassionate manner, if you like. First of all, there is no country of manufacture on the sleeve or the label.
The three copies I saw arrived in California in July of this year. A search on the internet reveals that the people selling it are
in Germany (long a favored point of origin for these sorts of Lp’s). It is available in pink vinyl, blue vinyl, and harvest gold
apparently, as well as the obligatory vinyl picture disc.

Anyway, the copy I bought happens to be on harvest gold vinyl, and the pressing quality is high. As you know, when it comes to Syd,
there isn’t much you’re going to hear that’s actually new.
So we content ourselves with a) upgrading the quality of what we own, and b) selecting bootlegs that provide a continuously pleasant
listening experience as we recline amidst our tea leaves and Doctor Strange comics.

This one works on both fronts. Monsieur! The track list, s’il vous plait –

Side A

Lucy Leave (slightly different to the one on Magnesium Proverbs – Syd’s vocal begins in a different place)
I’m a King Bee (good mastering makes this nice – no thundering from the bass in the speakers)
Interstellar Overdrive (the 16+ minute version from Tonight Let’s All Make Love in London)
Silas Lane (the Melk Weg version with banjo and sax, slightly better sound)

Side B

Flaming (Top Gear 9/67)
The Gnome (Top Gear 9/67)
Matilda Mother (Top Gear 9/67)
Scarecrow (Top Gear 9/67)
Vegetable Man (Top Gear 12/67)
Pow R. Toc H (Top Gear 12/67)
Scream thy Last Scream (Top Gear 12/67)
Jugband Blues (Top Gear 12/67)

The record’s strength is placing all the Syd-era Floyd tracks done at the BBC on one side of a record, all in extremely listenable quality
(not first generation, though were you really expecting that?). Better than the quality of the 1971 session Syd did for Sounds of the Seventies
that was out recently on official CD, by way of comparison.

Well, I didn’t have any particular point to make beyond this I suppose. Just thought that the right people would be interested in reading about
this sort of thing. You know who you are.

Comment from:

http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/review/1236#
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pink Floyd - Flowers and Vegetables

Outtakes and rarities from 1966 and 1967

Side 1

01 - Lucy Leave (Pink Floyd-Studio-Session)
02 - I'm a Kingbee (Pink Floyd-Studio-Session)
03 - REMOVED (officially released)
04 - Silas Lane (Studio Outtake 1967)

Side 2

01 - Experiment (Studio Outtake 1967) (mentionned on the disc on side2, but present at the end of the first side ...)
02 - Flaming (BBC Session September 1967)
03 - The Gnome (BBC Session September 1967)
04 - Mathilda Mother (BBC Session September 1967)
05 - The Scarecrow (BBC Session September 1967)
06 - Vegetable Man (BBC Session December 1967)
07 - Pow R Toc H (BBC Session December 1967)
08 - Scream Thy Last Scream (BBC Session December 1967)
09 - Jugband Blues (BBC Session December 1967)

Lineage :
Dual 600 Turntable -->Computer Wav--> Adobe audition-->Flac and Trader's little helper

Flac format, do not convert to Mp3 or another lossy format please ! Do not sell on Ebay

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
158.58 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Pink Floyd - 1966-1967 - Flowers and Vegetables - Fixed [FLAC]