13. Industry analysis checklist, 245
14. Determining the viability of your business model, 255
15. Do-it-yourself marketing research for your new business road test, 263
16. Evidence-based forecasting, 277
17. Getting help with your road test, 289
Appendix – Research methodology, 291
Notes, 293
Index, 307

More than your average phrasebook, this portable title shows you how to be a well-mannered visitor and speak the local language in the correct context Any phrasebook can give you a line listing of essential phrases. But if you use a phrase or term without knowing the correct way to use it, you can find yourself in an embarrassing situation. Perfect Phrases in German for Confident Travel addresses this problem expertly. Yes, you get the basics but you get a lot more background and guidance on how to use these words and phrases correctly without making a faux pas. With the confidence that you are using a phrase correctly, you will enjoy a smoother adventure in Germany.

About the author

Hyde Flippo, was born in Roswell, New Mexico (USA) in 1942. He is happy to share his June 22 birthday with the late Austrian-American film director Billy Wilder. After growing up in California and North Carolina, Flippo has lived in Reno, Nevada since 1960. He is now a semi-retired high school teacher (of German, natürlich) and a busy author of books as well as the webmaster for several websites. He and his wife enjoy visits to Europe and other travel.

Reviews

If you've spent any time at all learning a foreign language, you know that you can directly translate word-for-word and you'll probably make yourself understood, but it won't mean you got it right. This book is helpful in solving exactly this problem: it gives you the "perfect phrases" so you can in fact get it right. It will be most helpful if you already know some of either of the languages; chances are in Germany you'll run into someone who knows English anyway--and often they want to practice their English, making it tough to practice your German! However, if you can get the ball rolling with the correct phrases in German, they'll probably honor your efforts and keep going. The logical problem with most phrase books is that even if you spit out the right words, it won't do you much good if you can't understand the answer. This book is helpful because it gives you some examples of what you're likely to hear in response--though again, this assumes you do know a little of the language and can make sense of what you're hearing. Overall, it's a handy thing to have along if you know some German and want to practice it during your travels in situations whose context won't be beyond the reach of your vocabulary. I also have the French version of this book and it is useful in all the same ways.

This book is Great for learning or refreshing your knowledge of German Phrases.
Good travel reference when traveling to Europe.

I already knew the language so that wasn't important for me. However, I really found the up-to-date cultural cues helpful. It could help prevent a faux pas!

The information with the phrases is exactly what I am finding to be the case. I have recommended it to everyone I know traveling to Germany. It is very easy to read and the help pronouncing using english interpretation spelling is very useful.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.07 MB
seeders:14
leechers:2
Phrases in German - pdf