Patsy Cline-Walkin After Midnight-LIVE-Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on July 17, 2014 by dd53787in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

Patsy Cline-Walkin After Midnight-LIVE-Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs (Size: 126.19 MB)
 Patsy Cline-Plane Crash- Sweet Dreams Movie-Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.mkv82.48 MB
 Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight - LIVE 1957 - Dolby Pro LogicII 384kbs.mp433.34 MB
 Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight.flac10.36 MB
 Walkin After Midnight.txt7.33 KB

Description

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

"Walkin After Midnight"

Patsy Cline Live 1957
The finished Audio lists at 568kbs.

Here is a link about her tragic death:
http://blogs.citypages.com/gimmenoise/2011/03/patsy_cline_death.php?page=2

I am including a Film Clip from the Movie "Sweet Dreams" and also a CD version of the Song in FLAC. FLAC plays with VLC or you can convert it to MP3 - I use "Bigasoft" to convert FLAC to MP3.

Here is a link to Patsy's Husband reminiscing:
http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20092161,00.html

"I walk for miles along the highway
Well, that's just my way of sayin' I love you
I'm always walkin' after midnight
Searchin' for you

I stop to see a weepin' willow
Cryin' on his pillow
Maybe he's cryin' for me
And as the skies turn gloomy
Night winds whisper to me
I'm lonesome as I can be'"

Virginia Patterson Hensley (September 8, 1932 – March 5, 1963), known professionally as Patsy Cline, was an American country music singer. Part of the early 1960s Nashville sound, Cline successfully "crossed over" to pop music. She died in a multiple fatality crash of her private plane at the age of 30. She was one of the most influential, successful and acclaimed female vocalists of the 20th century. Cline was best known for her rich tone, emotionally expressive and bold contralto voice and her role as a country music industry pioneer. Along with Kitty Wells, she helped pave the way for women as headline performers in the genre. Cline was cited as an inspiration by singers in several genres.Her hits began in 1957 with Donn Hecht's and Alan Block's "Walkin' After Midnight", Hank Cochran's and Harlan Howard's "I Fall to Pieces", Hank Cochran's "She's Got You", Willie Nelson's "Crazy" and ended in 1963 with Don Gibson's "Sweet Dreams". Millions of her records have sold since her death. She won awards and accolades, leading many to view her as an icon at the level of Jim Reeves, Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley. Ten years after her death, in 1973, she became the first female solo artist inducted to the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 1999, she was voted number 11 on VH1's special, The 100 Greatest Women in Rock and Roll, by members and artists of the rock industry. In 2002, country music artists and industry members voted her Number One on CMT's The 40 Greatest Women of Country Music and ranked 46th in the "100 Greatest Singers of All Time" issue of Rolling Stone magazine. According to her 1973 Country Music Hall of Fame plaque, "Her heritage of timeless recordings is testimony to her artistic capacity." After a multi-million dollar renovation at her former school, built in 1923, authorities dedicated "The Patsy Cline Theatre" there in the summer of 2009. The dedication was celebrated with a concert by Cline's longtime friend and songwriter Willie Nelson.
"Walkin' After Midnight" The song was written by Alan Block and Donn Hecht a few years before Cline recorded it. According to Hecht, after securing a songwriting contract with Four Star Records, his assignment was to pick an artist from the label whom he could compose a song for. Hecht was impressed by Cline's vocals and realized her voice was best suited to pop music. Among his catalog of pop-styled songs was "Walkin' After Midnight", which was originally intended for traditional pop artist Kay Starr. Starr's record label had rejected the original version, and it was left unused for years. After rediscovering the song, Hecht made some minor changes and gave it to Cline's producer. Cline's original reaction to "Walkin' After Midnight" was negative; however, Hecht and Four Star owner Bill McCall came to an agreement with her. The compromise was that Cline would record it as long as she could also record "A Poor Man's Roses (Or a Rich Man's Gold)", a song she favored. "Walkin' After Midnight" was then recorded at the Bradley Film and Recording Studios on November 8, 1956 and was produced by Paul Cohen, along with "A Poor Man's Roses", "The Heart You Break May Be Your Own", and "Pick Me Up on Your Way Down" In January 1957, Cline performed the song on an episode of the CBS television program, Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts. It garnered a strong response from viewers, and was therefore rush-released as a single February 11, 1957. "Walkin' After Midnight" became Cline's first major hit single, reaching No. 2 on the Billboard country music chart, and No. 12 on its pop chart. Although the song was her only hit until 1961, the single version sold over one million copies and is often included on authoritative lists of the all-time greatest songs in country music. On January 28, 1957, Cline was invited to perform a song on the CBS television program hosted by Arthur Godfrey entitled, Arthur Godfrey's Talent Scouts. She originally intended to perform "A Poor Man's Roses (Or a Rich Man's Gold)" on the show; instead the show's producers preferred "Walkin' After Midnight". Although Cline did not want to sing it, she performed the song during the 8:30 pm slot of the program. The applause meter on the show had a technical difficulty and froze during her performance due to the excessive amount of audience applause. Because of the great amount of applause, Cline won first place in the show that night. Because of the song's popularity on the show, Decca Records (Four Star leased their music to Decca) released "Walkin' After Midnight" as a single on February 11, 1957

Lyrics

"Walking After Midnight"

I go out walkin' after midnight
Out in the moonlight, just like we used to do
Searchin' for you

I walk for miles along the highway
Well, that's just my way of sayin' I love you
Searchin' for you

I stop to see a weepin' willow
Cryin' on his pillow