Otis Redding - Lonely & Blue The Deepest Soul of Otis Redding (2013) mp3@320 {1337x}-kawli

seeders: 41
leechers: 3
Added on May 2, 2013 by kawliin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Otis Redding - Lonely & Blue The Deepest Soul of Otis Redding (2013) mp3@320 {1337x}-kawli (Size: 85.83 MB)
 01 - I Love You More Than Words Can Say.mp36.94 MB
 02 - Gone Again.mp35.75 MB
 03 - Free Me.mp37.39 MB
 04 - Open The Door.mp35.9 MB
 05 - A Waste of Time.mp37.83 MB
 06 - These Arms Of Mine.mp36.09 MB
 07 - I've Been Loving You Too Long.mp37.67 MB
 08 - Everybody Makes a Mistake.mp37.99 MB
 09 - Little Ol' Me.mp37.58 MB
 10 - I've Got Dreams To Remember.mp38.45 MB
 11 - Send Me Some Lovin'.mp35.5 MB
 12 - My Lover's Prayer.mp37.4 MB
 1337x.Org.txt23 bytes
 blazinseedboxes.com.txt83 bytes
 Cover.jpg1.33 MB
 info.txt3.1 KB

Description

Otis Redding‘s recording career really only lasted 5 years, from 1962 through ’67 (seven studio albums in all), and the balance of it, along with his biggest hits, really only came in the last two years of that time, with his biggest hit and first number one, “(Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay,” released after his death. All of it was enough, though, to establish Otis as the greatest performer of the classic deep soul era, a designation he undoubtedly deserves.

There are plenty of greatest-hits-type collections out there for those interested in Redding’s pop and R&B chart impact, and at first glance, Lonely & Blue: The Deepest Soul of Otis Redding seems like another of those. It has some of his classic hits, true, like “I’ve Been Loving You Too Long,” “Free Me,” and “These Arms of Mine,” but the rest of the dozen tracks are more obscure, although they’re neither filler nor randomly chosen, each contributing to the overall theme, emerging as a powerfully unified compilation full of the pain, loss, and yearning that go along with being in love.

The concept of Lonely & Blue: The Deepest Soul of Otis Redding plays out in the content as well as the packaging, which was intentionally designed by Gorman to look as if Redding actually did put this album out at the height of his career. The typography, color palette, and layout are all meant to adhere to the Stax/Volt LP designs of the time. This extends to the liner notes, which are written in the present tense and credited to a fictitious DJ so that they read as if they were written while Redding was alive at his peak.

"The goal," explains Gorman, "was to create the best album Otis never made and ‘reissue' it in 2013 rather than do another hits compilation. We hope this album will reframe him as something more than an oldies radio staple and become his Night Beat (a classic 1963 Sam Cooke LP) - the album that exists as a starting point for people wondering why so many consider Otis Redding the greatest soul singer of all time."

Lonely and Blue: The Deepest Soul of Otis Redding (Stax/Concord, 2013)

Tracklist:
1. I Love You More Than Words Can Say
2. Gone Again
3. Free Me
4. Open the Door [Skeleton Key Version]
5. A Waste of Time
6. These Arms of Mine
7. I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)
8. Everybody Makes a Mistake
9. Little Ol’ Me
10. I’ve Got Dreams to Remember [Rougher Dreams]
11. Send Me Some Lovin’
12. My Lover’s Prayer

Track 1 and original version of Track 4 from The Dock of the Bay, Volt, 1968
Tracks 2, 9 & 11 from Remember Me, Stax, 1992
Track 3 from Love Man, Atco, 1969
Track 5 and original version of Track 10 from The Immortal Otis Redding, Volt, 1968
Track 6 from Pain in My Heart, Atco, 1964
Track 7 from Otis Blue: Otis Redding Sings Soul, Volt, 1965
Track 8 from The Soul Album, Volt, 1966
Track 12 from Complete and Unbelievable: The Otis Redding Dictionary of Soul, Volt, 1966

Media info:
Bitrate: 320 kbps
Channels: stereo
Samplerate: 44100
Encoder: LAME 3.98
MPEG-1 layer 3

MUCH Peace n luv to all my p2p friends and blazinseedboxes

ENJOY!!

**tyvm and all due respect to exy for the source, and all those who care enough to share

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
85.83 MB
seeders:41
leechers:3
Otis Redding - Lonely & Blue The Deepest Soul of Otis Redding (2013) mp3@320 {1337x}-kawli

All Comments

Amazing thanks!