[OST] (2000) Blade Runner: Westwood Edition Game Soundtrack (MP3) ::Frank Klepacki::Vangelis

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on February 23, 2013 by an0nymin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

[OST] (2000) Blade Runner: Westwood Edition Game Soundtrack (MP3) ::Frank Klepacki::Vangelis (Size: 121.5 MB)
 Frank Klepacki - Blade Runner - Westwood Edition - back.jpg748.57 KB
 Frank Klepacki - Blade Runner - Westwood Edition - CD.jpg507.48 KB
 Frank Klepacki - Blade Runner - Westwood Edition - cover.jpg332.99 KB
 00 - Frank Klepacki - Blade Runner.log7.71 KB
 00 - Frank Klepacki - Blade Runner.m3u690 bytes
 01 - Running Along The Blade.mp35.4 MB
 02 - 4th Sector.mp33.69 MB
 03 - By Invitation Only.mp35.66 MB
 04 - Awakenings.mp3992.23 KB
 05 - Streets Of LA 2019.mp33.61 MB
 06 - Downtown.mp33.58 MB
 07 - Animoid Row.mp37.74 MB
 08 - Decktora's Dance.mp34.48 MB
 09 - Put Your Hands On Me.mp32.67 MB
 10 - Love Theme.mp38.27 MB
 11 - Enigma Drift.mp33.18 MB
 12 - bounce.mp39 MB
 13 - Solitude.mp32.93 MB
 14 - Trash Dance.mp33.6 MB
 15 - Geishan Echoes.mp33.04 MB
 16 - Blade Runner Blues.mp320.25 MB
 17 - The Eyes Follow.mp33.48 MB
 18 - One More Time, Love.mp36.69 MB
 19 - Late Call.mp33.92 MB
 20 - Remorse.mp31.53 MB
 21 - goodnight.mp38.45 MB
 22 - End Titles.mp37.82 MB
 Blade Runner - Westwood Edition.cue3.08 KB
 i.nfo967 bytes

Description

Blade Runner: Westwood Edition Game Soundtrack

Genre: Score/Electronic
Publisher: Westwood Studios
Composers: Frank Klepacki, Vangelis
Game Release: 1997
Soundtrack Release: 2000
Label: A2000 Skinjob
Type: Private (Limited edition release and is not licensed for public sale)
Audio Codec: MP3
Bitrate: 320kbps CBR
Duration: 52:10

Original Music Composed by Frank Klepacki
Tracks 10 & 16 Composed and performed by Vangelis

The film's original soundtrack could not be secured for the game so Westwood brought in Frank Klepacki to recreate the feel of the film. He re-recorded the Blade Runner soundtrack as well as creating original tracks in the style of the film.

QUOTE #1: "It's a rare bootleg created by someone probably in ADPCM 22kHz stereo (different pulse-code modulation with lower sample-rate) transcoded to audio CD. But the value of this bootleg is pretty high, because game music has even worse quality and mono."

QUOTE #2: "Very rare disc. Its existence, I learned by chance, stumbled on a lot at eBay. Finally, I managed to buy it, get re-write and listen. And that's what I can say about it.

This is not fan-made bootleg and promo disc, released, probably in Westwood. Music quality is much better than in the game (plus the entire game is played in mono, here - stereo). But looking at the spectrogram, I saw that most of the tracks the frequency above 11 kilohertz cut. In some tracks the situation is better, but not by much. To mp3 does not. Rather, on some other compression format. But just because the disc is unique, I put it in this section and in the form in which it is.

All music composer wrote a regular Westwood (now - Petroglyph) Frank Klepacki. Those musical themes that are similar to the original music of Vangelis film, Frank also played himself as close to the original."

Includes cue-file and scanned covers.

QUOTE #3 (what the seller wrote, putting the disc on the auction):
"You will be pushed to find this CD on sale anywhere: the extremely rare and hard to find score to the Westwood Blade Runner's video game, composed and Performed by Frank Klepacki, based on themes Originally composed by Vangelis."

Before I listened to the disc I was expecting poor sound quality like it had been extracted from the game itself (ie mono, low frequency response, etc - games usually did this a few years back when disc space on CDs was very limited so they used the bulk of the disc space for the graphics etc). I have to say that I was was pleasantly surprised as it is in full STEREO with full dynamic range and frequency response. When I researched further into the history of this disc I found out that IT was made ​​from the original master recordings for the game which is excellent news.

There are a number of tracks where Klepacki has used Vangelis original themes. For example there are cover versions of "Blade Runner Blues" and "Love Theme" which amazingly do imitate Vangelis' original recordings very closely. There is a track called "Solitude" which sounds very much like "Memories of Green", and the opening track ("Running Along the Blade") sounds a lot like "End Titles". And when you get to track 18, Entitled "One More Time, Love", you just know ITS going to be a Rendition of "One More Kiss, Dear".

The CD is in excellent Condition. There are no scratches and it plays with no problems.

Naturally, I asked Frank himself. He replied: "On that CD, I can only speculate as I do not know for sure. But those might have been Press promotional items that were given scarcely out, because a formal soundtrack never was made ​​available."

I can only guess, as not sure. Could it be handed out promotional issue, since he never published soundtrack.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
121.5 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
[OST] (2000) Blade Runner: Westwood Edition Game Soundtrack (MP3) ::Frank Klepacki::Vangelis