Of Wolves - Evolve (2013)

seeders: 27
leechers: 3
Added on September 7, 2013 by Baphom3tin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Of Wolves - Evolve (2013) (Size: 70.05 MB)
 Cover.jpg309.24 KB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - 01 Dead Wait.mp34.95 MB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - 02 Moot Point.mp35.32 MB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - 03 No Loss For Words.mp39.08 MB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - 04 The Man.mp32.93 MB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - 05 Red Skins.mp36.07 MB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - 06 Buffalo Nickels.mp35.45 MB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - 07 Shit Sandwich.mp3302.41 KB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - 08 Legal Lies.mp311.05 MB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - 09 Seal The Deal.mp37.12 MB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - 10 ....................mp33.68 MB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - 11 ∞.mp34.36 MB
 OF WOLVES - EVOLVE - OF WOLVES - EVOLVE booklet.pdf9.44 MB

Description

Bio? We are a band, we play fast loud and hard, its therapy.

1 part anger, 1 part intensity and a mixture of blood, sweat and piss about sums up the mixture thats sounds like a sudden punch to the throat

Three angry fucks hear us roar

Sounds like someone taking a chainsaw to a guitar, while blowing up a building full of kittens?

A anti-political bunch of musical making psychos who hate the system and the lies who want you all to know there are no choices or parties or teams that we are all on the same damn team so they make music as a release instead of burning churches and blowing shit up

A band of three who wants to force the evolution of mankind through ugly forms of screaming and distortion sending out vibrations into your molecular structure that will shock you to your inner core and bring about a revolution of the mind and spirit while decimating religions and governments and every other form of control and programming

Vibrations made of distortion and screaming that will decimate the programming in your brain (if bleeding persists please see a doctor)

A demon, a priest and a politician driving a slave ship through the blood of the enslaved while eating popcorn and whistling Dixie

A very unique and heavy blend of what these guys like to call "Therapy" a mix of all things heavy from Metal and Punk to Stoner/Doom and Post Punk When you see them play drenched in sweat you know 110% is given at all times.

The fully awoken and screaming beast Of Wolves is
Steve Sherwood (guitars/vox), Jon Kulpit (drums/back up screams) and Alan Strathmann (bass, backing vox). Steve a longtime old school DIY crossover Punk/Metalhead from many Chicago bands like IVC, THC, Chronic Jaywalker, Halftone, Hedspin. Steve became very frustrated with the the current evolution of heavier music types. Sick of seeing and hearing the "same ol shit" as he put it. He felt most music was trying to hard to be someone or everyone else instead of just being. All these bands trying to fit “the mold....or “cookie cutter" as he calls it. Why cant bands be heavy with out being fake? Or worse trying to sound like everyone else? Well he was ready and he really needed the therapy! A heavy does of all forms of Punk & Metal. Its real and you can feel it. Even better you can see the release and the therapy this provides to the band and to their fans. After many drummers, heavy hitter Jon (ex Pervo, Crestfallen) gave the impact that was needed and after a Spinal Tap worth of bass players they finally found Scott (ex Flood, [omitted], A.S.S.).

With about three albums worth of material. These songs were written about various subjects that angered Steve over the years. Subjects that are direct relationship to a working class life. Everyday stress, disillusionment, social injustice. Anger. Politics, Religion. These songs are directly in touch with the world around us and have been waiting to be unleashed upon the masses to de-program and slap those still sleeping (the sheeple) wide awake with brutal force and honesty.

The full length CD is due out before years end and the uniqueness of this band will be a refreshing change and an addictive new musical fix for all those who witness their fierce and straight forward approach and want something new and different.... slap in the face, a wake up call to the masses.

This is the year OF WOLVES

Of Wolves @ Facebook

Of Wolves @ ReverbNation

*Not sure who plays what but this is the lineup according to their ReverbNation link and their facebook are different.*

Lineup is:
Steve Sherwood - guitars/vox
Jon Kulpit - drums/back up screams
Alan Strathmann - bass, backing vox

Review:

Of Wolves is a Thrash/Punk/Sludge/Stoner Metal band from Chicago, USA

The members are: Steve and Jon

Well here is a loud and pissed off album if I have ever heard one. It's probably the most schizophrenic album I have listened to in a long while now. I have had this promo for a while now. A long while... - which I can only apologise to the guys for.

At first I didn't like it at all. It's a band very hard to describe. It's a mish-mash of all the genres mentioned - Thrash, Stoner, Sludge, and Punk without staying into one overall territory. I used to listen to Evolve when I was in a rotten mood. It was the perfect marriage made in hell. Pissed off Sludgelord against these thrashy punk upstarts.

Then with time I began to fall for this albums fucked-up charms. Yeah it's still loud, violent and angry as hell but it's one I am more at peace with. The riffs come thick and fast and go straight for the kill. They have a playful energy to them. The whole album is over and done with under 29 mins or so. But its an exhilarating rush that feels like a massive kick to the head.

It's all done in the best possible DIY taste and that's why I dig this album so much. Of Wolves rightly don't give a fuck what anyone thinks. They are playing music that is meant for one thing. HEAD-BANGING!!!

Actually the album does have some startling lyrics to check out. Mainly the band pissed off at the entire civilised world probably aimed at Politicians and Big Business. The 11 tracks may have you running for the hills at first but give it time and you will find an album to that is definitely worth checking out.

Check out excellent tracks - The Man, Moot Point, No Loss For Words and Red Skins.

If you want to give this a try then you can download this superb album from BandCamp on Buy Now Download. Or you can buy the CD if you want a physical version.

Excellent and Highly Recommended.

Of Wolves Review @ The Sludgelord

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
70.05 MB
seeders:27
leechers:3
Of Wolves - Evolve (2013)