Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers by Lillian Faderman {Bindaredundat}

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on February 23, 2015 by Bindaredundatin Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers by Lillian Faderman {Bindaredundat} (Size: 14.57 MB)
 metadata.opf2.06 KB
 Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers (info).txt3.76 KB
 Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers - Lillian Faderman.mobi2.62 MB
 Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers - Lillian Faderman.pdf5.25 MB
 Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers by Lillian Faderman.epub6.66 MB
 Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers.jpg37.21 KB

Description

Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers: A History of Lesbian Life in Twentieth-Century America – February 21st 2012 by Lillian Faderman (Author)

Format: EPUB / MOBI / PDF (pdf converted from epub)
File Size: 14.5MB

Product Details

Paperback: 373 pages
Publisher: Columbia University Press; Reprint edition (February 21st 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0231074891
ISBN-13: 978-0231074896

As Lillian Faderman writes, there are "no constants with regard to lesbianism," except that lesbians prefer women. In this groundbreaking book, she reclaims the history of lesbian life in twentieth-century America, tracing the evolution of lesbian identity and subcultures from early networks to more recent diverse lifestyles. She draws from journals, unpublished manuscripts, songs, media accounts, novels, medical literature, pop culture artifacts, and oral histories by lesbians of all ages and backgrounds, uncovering a narrative of uncommon depth and originality.

Customer Reviews

Fantastic
By dan on March 15, 2013
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
So impressed with Lillian Faderman. Terrific research and insights into that culture, and the rest of our culture. What this book needs more than anything else is to fill in the 20 year gap between when it was written and today. Thank you Ms Faderman. Wow!

A unique look at the history of lesbianism
By Darlene K. Bogle on May 26, 2013
Format: Paperback Verified Purchase
Filled with a lot of information about early 20th century lesbian relationships and how so much was hidden because of society ideals. I used it for research.

It's a great mix of personal stories and objective history, so that the narrative never gets too dry but still does an excellent job of pulling back to show the bigger picture. It's incredibly well-researched and informative, but also funny and sad and poignant by turn, almost what you would expect from fiction. The pictures included are amazing in terms of being able to see the march of progress in the faces of real people, as well. I've re-read it many times since I was a teenager, and it's still fascinating. I keep meaning to read the author's other works, but somehow haven't managed it yet - but my battered old copy of this book has survived numerous moves and oh-god-I-have-to-get-rid-of-some-books moments because I love it so much.

About the Author

Lillian Faderman is professor emerita of English at California State University, Fresno, and author of the award-winning Surpassing the Love of Men: Romantic Friendship and Love Between Women from the Renaissance to the Present and Scotch Verdict: Miss Pirie and Miss Woods v. Dame Cumming Gordon. She is also the author of Naked in the Promised Land: A Memoir and To Believe in Women: What Lesbians Have Done for America--A History, and coauthor of Gay L. A.: A History of Sexual Outlaws, Power Politics, And Lipstick Lesbians.

Biography

Lillian Faderman is the author of "My Mother's Wars" (Beacon Press, 2013). She is an internationally known scholar of lesbian history and literature, as well as of ethnic and immigrant history. She is the author of such acclaimed works as To Believe in Woman, Odd Girls and Twilight Lovers, Surpassing the Love of Men, I Begin My Life All Over, and her memoir Naked in the Promised Land.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
14.57 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0

All Comments

Thank you.