Not Without My Daughter - Betty Mahmoody- epub - zeke23

seeders: 21
leechers: 1
Added on November 14, 2014 by zeke23in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Not Without My Daughter - Betty Mahmoody- epub - zeke23 (Size: 307.36 KB)
 Not Without My Daughter - Betty Mahmoody.epub307.36 KB

Description

For the Love of a Child
by Betty Mahmoody, Arnold D. Dunchock
3.53 of 5 stars 3.53 · rating details · 400 ratings · 18 reviews
In 1987 Betty Mahmoody captured the world's attention and admiration with the compelling and heartrending story of her virtual imprisonment in Iran and subsequent daring escape with her daughter Mahtob. With over fifteen million copies sold worldwide, Not Without My Daughter topped international bestseller lists and alerted the world to the implications of intercultural relationships and the issue of international parental child abduction.

Five years after the publication of her book, Betty still receives hundreds of letters each year from women and men in similar circumstances, each seeking advice, counsel, and encouragement. In For the Love of a Child, Mrs. Mahmoody picks up where she left off, at the American Embassy in Turkey. She describes her cultural readjustment to America, her constant fear of her husband Moody's revenge, and her ultimate frustration with a legal system that cannot offer protection to her daughter or herself.

But the story is not hers alone. Betty describes her many encounters with others who have tried to escape similar situations, telling their dramatic stories with the sensitivity of one who knows only too well what they've been through and how far they still have to go. For the Love of a Child is thrilling adventure with a vitally important message..

Betty Mahmoody
Author profile

born
in Alpena, Michigan, The United States
June 09, 1945

genre
Biographies & Memoirs

About this author
edit data

Betty Mahmoody (born June 9, 1945) is an American author and public speaker best known for her book, Not Without My Daughter, which was subsequently made into a film of the same name. She is the President and co-founder of One World: For Children, an organization that promotes understanding between cultures and strives to offer security and protection to children of bi-cultural marriages.

Her book, Not Without My Daughter, is an account of her experiences in 1984–86, when she left Alpena, Michigan to go to Iran with her husband and daughter for what she was promised would be a short visit. Once there, she and her daughter were held against their wills.
According to the book, she and her husband, Sayed Bozorg Mahmoody, and daughter, Mahtob, traveled to Iran in August 1984 for what her husband said would to be a two-week visit with his family in Tehran. Once the two weeks were over, however, he refused to allow his wife and child to leave. Mahmoody became trapped in a culture hostile to Americans, a family hostile to her, and an abusive husband. According to the book, Mahmoody's husband separated her from her daughter for weeks on end. He also beat her and threatened to kill her if she tried to leave.
She eventually fled with her daughter. The book details her 500-mile escape to Turkey and the help she received from many Iranians.

Betty Mahmoody compiled stories of other parents whose foreign spouses estranged them from their children in the book For the Love of a Child. (

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
307.36 KB
seeders:21
leechers:1
Not Without My Daughter - Betty Mahmoody- epub - zeke23