Not a Genuine Black Man- Or, How I Claimed My Piece of Ground in the Lily-White Suburbs by Brian Copeland -(retail) {dwg}

seeders: 17
leechers: 6
Added on September 13, 2014 by Gr8fulDawgin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Not a Genuine Black Man- Or, How I Claimed My Piece of Ground in the Lily-White Suburbs by Brian Copeland -(retail) {dwg} (Size: 3.06 MB)
 Not a Genuine Black Man - Brian Copeland.pdf860.81 KB
 Not a Genuine Black Man - Brian Copeland.azw3805.77 KB
 Not a Genuine Black Man - Brian Copeland.mobi776.14 KB
 Not a Genuine Black Man - Brian Copeland.epub436.48 KB
 Cover.jpg256.49 KB
 metadata.opf2.23 KB

Description

Based on the longest-running one-man show in San Francisco history--now coming to Off-Broadway--a hilarious, poignant, and disarming memoir of growing up black in an all-white suburb In 1972, when Brian Copeland was eight, his family moved from Oakland to San Leandro, California, hoping for a better life. At the time, San Leandro was 99.4 percent white, known nationwide as a racist enclave. This reputation was confirmed almost immediately: Brian got his first look at the inside of a cop car, for being a black kid walking to the park with a baseball bat. Brian grew up to be a successful comedian and radio talk show host, but racism reemerged as an issue--only in reverse--when he received an anonymous letter: "As an African American, I am disgusted every time I hear your voice because YOU are not a genuine Black man!" That letter inspired Copeland to revisit his difficult childhood, resulting in a hit one-man show that has been running for nearly two years--which has now inspired a book. In this funny, surprising, and ultimately moving memoir, Copeland shows exactly how our surroundings make us who we are.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
3.06 MB
seeders:17
leechers:6
Not a Genuine Black Man- Or, How I Claimed My Piece of Ground in the Lily-White Suburbs by Brian Copeland -(retail) {dwg}