Nicola Di Cosmo - Ancient China and its Enemies [2004][A]

seeders: 8
leechers: 5
Added on July 21, 2014 by Anette14in Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Nicola Di Cosmo - Ancient China and its Enemies [2004][A] (Size: 3.84 MB)
 folder.jpg518.25 KB
 Nicola Di Cosmo - Ancient China and its Enemies [2004][A].pdf3.34 MB

Description

Product Details
Book Title: Ancient China and its Enemies: The Rise of Nomadic Power in East Asian History
Book Author: Nicola Di Cosmo (Author)
Paperback: 380 pages
Publisher: Cambridge University Press (May 24, 2004)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0521543827
ISBN-13: 978-0521543828

Book Description
Publication Date: May 24, 2004
This comprehensive history of the northern frontier of China through the first millennium B.C. details the formation of two increasingly distinct cultural areas: the sedentary Chinese and the northern nomads. Nicola Di Cosmo explores the tensions existing between these two worlds as they became progressively more polarized, with the eventual creation of the nomadic Hsiung-nu empire in the north, and of the Chinese empire in the south. Di Cosmo investigates the origins of the antagonism between early China and its "barbarian" neighbors.

Reviews
"Throughout the second century B.C., the world of East Asia was divided between two great superpowers, the Han Chinese and the Hsiung-nu, facing off against each other sometimes peaceably and sometimes antagonistically. In Ancient China and Its Enemies, Nicola Di Cosmo provides a magisterial survey of the rise of the lesser known of these two powers, the nomadic Hsiung-nu. This book is invaluable not only for understanding the relations between ancient China and its major enemy, but also for understanding either of the powers individually." Edward Shaughnessy, University of Chicago

"...the author deserves praise and gratitude for producing and invaluable piece of work. This book is a masterpiece of scholarship. It will rank as an indispensable tool for anyone studying foreign relationships in ancient China and beyond for years to come." Harvard Journal of Asiatic Studies

"...I am certain that anthropologists, political scientists, and others will find much here of interest. Di Cosmo writes well and offers fascinating anecdotes at just the right times." History

"...a carefully researched and superbly presented history of the northern frontier of China from 900 to 100 B.C...a fascinating, detailed, scholarly, and very strongly recommended historical survery and analysis." Library Bookwatch

"This outstanding work of scholarship demonstrates a magisterial command of the sources, asks important questions, and provides measured, finely nuanced answers."Peter B. Golden, The International History Review

About the Author
Nicola Di Cosmo is Senior Lecturer in Chinese History at the University of Canterbury (Christchurch, New Zealand).

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
3.84 MB
seeders:8
leechers:5
Nicola Di Cosmo - Ancient China and its Enemies [2004][A]

All Comments

Thank you for this excellent book.
I had been looking for it for sometime!
You are welcome. I'm glad that I could help you.
Thanks