Nick Drake - Time Of No Reply - 1986 [mp3 320]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on April 1, 2008 by in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Nick Drake - Time Of No Reply - 1986 [mp3 320] (Size: 100.34 MB)
 01. Time Of No Reply.mp36.4 MB
 02. I Was Made To Love Magic.mp37.95 MB
 03. Joey.mp37.11 MB
 04. Clothes Of Sand.mp35.83 MB
 05. Man In A Shed.mp37.12 MB
 06. Mayfair.mp35.88 MB
 07. Fly.mp38.31 MB
 08. The Thoughts Of Mary Jane.mp38.66 MB
 09. Been Smoking Too Long.mp35.25 MB
 10. Strange Meeting II.mp38.34 MB
 11. Rider On The Wheel.mp35.85 MB
 12. Black Eyed Dog.mp37.94 MB
 13. Hanging On A Star.mp36.47 MB
 14. Voice From The Mountain.mp38.62 MB
 time_of_no_reply_back.jpg210.92 KB
 time_of_no_reply_front.jpg424.48 KB

Description

The album cover claims that the posthumously released Time Of No Reply contains "10 previously unreleased tracks, including 7 completely new songs, plus the 4 'last session' tracks" that were recorded in 1974. Rather than being mere bottom of the barrel scrapings, this clearing of the vaults more often than not simply offers songs that Nick had recorded but chosen not to release during his brief recording career. The fact that some of these songs had been forgotten and were almost lost to time (in some instances saved by a lucky tape retrieval) merely makes Time Of No Reply all the more special. That said, this album is obviously not the place to start with Nick Drake, and is more for fans who’ve already come under his spell (i.e. anyone who’s ever heard any of his other albums). Interestingly enough, some of his earliest songs (“Time Of No Reply,” “Clothes Of Sand”) have more in common with the stark simplicity of Pink Moon than Five Leaves Left, even though they were recorded during sessions for the latter, while “I Was Made To Love Magic” is the only song here with any orchestration. True, some of these songs are unremarkable, but I never tire of “Fly” and “The Thoughts of Mary Jane” (less so "Man In A Shed"), and these stripped down alternate takes give the originals a run for their money. In addition, primitive home recordings such as "Been Smoking Too Long" and "Strange Meeting II," and emotionally agitated later songs such as “Black Eyed Dog” and “Hanging On A Star” are absolutely necessary in completing the musical picture painted by the enigmatic young loner that was Nick Drake.

Track list:

- Time Of No Reply

- I Was Made To Love Magic

- Joey

- Clothes Of Sand

- Man In A Shed

- Mayfair

- Fly

- Thoughts Of Mary Jane

- Been Smoking Too Long

- Strange Meeting II

- Rider On The Wheel