Mysteries of the Dream-Time - The Spiritual Life of Australian Aborigines (153p) [Anomolous].pdf

seeders: 19
leechers: 10
Added on February 9, 2015 by Anomolousin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Mysteries of the Dream-Time - The Spiritual Life of Australian Aborigines (153p) [Anomolous].pdf (Size: 59.36 MB)
 Mysteries of the Dream-Time - The Spiritual Life of Australian Aborigines (153p) [Anomolous].pdf59.36 MB

Description

Mysteries of the Dream-Time - The Spiritual Life of Australian Aborigines (153p) [Anomolous].pdf

Paperback: 144 pages
Publisher: Prisma Pr; Rev Sub edition (July 1992)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1853270776
ISBN-13: 978-1853270772

I have known Aboriginal people, seen Aboriginal dances and gained a vague recognition that there was something quite spiritual about their culture, however primitive it seemed. Counterbalancing this, in my culture, are many negative stereotypes about the Aboriginal people. Mr Cowan tells a compelling and very different story and therefore I highly recommend this book to all non-Aboriginal Australians, and indeed others from monotheistic and westernised cultures, as a starting point for making sense of Aboriginal culture.

Whether making a Dream Journey in search of his ancestral roots or painting his body in order to recreate his culture heroes, the Aborigine participates in an intense spiritual reality that can only be expressed and experienced in the Dreaming-an event of luminous beauty that has given his life purpose and meaning for over 50000 years. James Cowan brings the tradition to life in this exploration of the Dreaming Country where the Aborigine is always close to his ancestors his Sky Heroes and his totemic birthplace.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
59.36 MB
seeders:19
leechers:10