MYST: 10th Anniversary DVD Edition--Myst, Riven, Myst III: Exile

seeders: 50
leechers: 10
Added on November 8, 2009 by in Games
Torrent verified.

MYST: 10th Anniversary DVD Edition--Myst, Riven, Myst III: Exile (Size: 8.48 GB)
 riven.iso3.6 GB
 Exile DVD.iso3.12 GB
 Myst Masterpiece.iso1.76 GB
 RIVEN_readme.txt19.08 KB
 EXILE_readme.txt15.86 KB
 MYST_readme.txt12.96 KB
 Myst.txt1.88 KB

Description

MYST: 10th Anniversary DVD EditionWINDOWS XP and MAC COMPATIBLE

Includes 3 DVD ISOs:

1--MYST: Masterpiece Edition

2--RIVEN: The Sequel to Myst

3--MYST III: ExileOverview:

Developed by Ubisoft Entertainment - Ubisoft Entertainment (2003) - Adventure - Rated Everyone

This tenth anniversary edition of the best-selling franchise contains three complete Myst titles in DVD format. Explore a mysterious island, solve puzzles, and search for clues as you learn about the ancient D'ni civilization in Myst: Masterpiece Edition. In Riven: The Sequel to Myst, a beautiful, but shadowy world holds the clues that Atrus needs in order to free his wife Catherine, who has been enslaved somewhere on Riven. Then explore five strange worlds as you attempt to stop a man seeking revenge on Atrus and Catherine in Myst III: Exile.

An exclusive interview with Rand Miller is included as well as footage from the making of Myst III: Exile and Riven: The Sequel to Myst. Myst: 10th Anniversary DVD Edition is fully compatible with Windows XP. ~ All Game Guide

Details:

PC: Individual game manuals can be found on the respective DVD ISO

MAC: Mac files must be copied over by hand, as unique instructions exist for each game (not very familiar with the particulars with this OS)Hope you enjoy! Please feel free to leave your comments and feedback--this is my first torrent

Overview Links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myst

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riven

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myst_III:_ExileMount/Install:

Mount DVD ISOs, install, play; don't know if a NO DVD patch is necessary.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
8.48 GB
seeders:50
leechers:10
MYST: 10th Anniversary DVD Edition--Myst, Riven, Myst III: Exile

All Comments

Notes are for RIVEN:
Installs and but barely uns in windows 8 64 bit. Requires third party quicktime download, frequently hangs, and crashes to desktop. Not stable AT ALL

I highly suggest if anyone is using Windows 7, 8, or 64bit OS, save yourself the time and I highly suggest if anyone is using Windows 7, 8, or 64bit OS, save yourself the time and download the version from the G.O.G. version. It works right out of the box no modifications necessary.

http://kat.cm/riven-gog-edition-t9094383.html

It works right out of the box no modifications necessary.

All other versions crash and hang like crazy on new operating systems.
Games are ok, no virus or anything. It will be extremely difficult to run riven on modern screens/PCs.

The installer is 32bit and installs ok on win7 64bit. The game, though, cannot run in any other resolution than fullscreen 640x480.
After searching for 2 days now for a solution (and I must admit a feat way harder than the in-game puzzles) I'd like to share this:

a)If you have an old crt screen with 4:3 ratio, connect it and make it primary display, keeping your TFT next to it. It is the only way to see the game correctly. Set manually 640x480 resolution before you run the game.

b) Do not try to run it in a window. It cannot be done.

c) Do not use scummvm. As of this writing, there are scenes missing and probably more problems with video.

d) Don't bother installing quicktime from DVD. Get K-lite codec pack or similar (quicktime) alternative.

e) If no square CRT is available, go to video card's utility (CCC or nvidia's control panel) and enable scaling. Choose "keep aspect ratio" and use 0(zero) overscan. Run the game. If the game is still only in a small square in the center, alt-tab into video card's utility AND REPEAT the choosing of "keep aspect ratio" (there are 2 more options there and it defaults in 1:1 pixel mapping resulting in a small square, maybe a bug?). Expect major blurring. Quality of the stretching is highly depended on driver version and model of video card.
My directions are vague, to match both nvidia and amd utilities.

f) The game crashes frequently. Run game in compatibility mode of either win98/me or winXP sp2/3. Run the game in administrator mode in order to save correctly (it places savegames in its own application's folder and in the case of "programfiles" folder may lack permissions to write there). After initial run, alt-ctrl-del, and set Riven.exe's affinity to ONLY 1 processor (usually 0 -first processor). This needs further testing.

Good luck guys.
only problem I have found with these games is that they run in a small box in the middle of the black screen only using a very small portion of my screen. Anyone know how to fix this
I loved playing these games years back. Will seed for a while! All three games installed perfect for me on my Windows 7 laptop using magic disc to mount the ISO files. Thanks!
thx......