My Rifle, Pony, and Me - Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson Jammin - Dolby Pro Logic II -2 Tracks.mp4

seeders: 3
leechers: 1
Added on December 17, 2013 by dd53787in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

My Rifle, Pony, and Me - Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson Jammin - Dolby Pro Logic II -2 Tracks.mp4 (Size: 65.62 MB)
 My Rifle, Pony, and Me - Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson Jammin - Dolby Pro Logic II -2 Tracks.mp465.62 MB

Description

"My Rifle, Pony and Me"
Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson from Rio Bravo 1959

I downmixed this Audio using Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs on track 1
and on Track 2 I downmixed with 7.1 ch. 1536kbs. The finished Audio lists at 251kbs. I took this from a 720p video movie of Rio Bravo, Just cuz I like it! Thought You might enjoy Dean and Ricky jammn, Personally I feel Dean is showin off, But that's just because He can!
Because the film starred a crooner, Martin, and a teen idol, Nelson, Hawks included three songs in the soundtrack. Before the big showdown, in the jail house, Martin sings "My Rifle, My Pony, and Me" (which contained new lyrics to a Tiomkin tune that
appeared in Red River) accompanied by Nelson, after which Nelson sings a brief version of "Get Along Home, Cindy", accompanied by Martin and Brennan. Over the closing credits, Martin, backed by the Nelson Riddle Orchestra, sings a specially composed song, "Rio Bravo." Nelson later paid homage to both the film and his
character, Colorado, by including the song "Restless Kid" on his 1959 LP, Ricky Sings Again.`Rio Bravo' is considered a `hanngout' movie which is to say, the characters in the movie are people that are your friends that you hangout with:
The best hangout movie ever, according to Quentin Tarantino, is Howard Hawks' 1959 western Rio Bravo, starring John Wayne, Dean Martin, Ricky Nelson, Walter Brennan and Angie Dickinson. If Rio Bravo was just two hours of these actors sitting in a room and talking, it would still be the best hangout movie ever. That
there's also a classic story that's been ripped off countless times since–a ragtag team of misfits fends off a group of thugs to deliver a man to justice–is gravy. I could explain what makes Rio Bravo the definitive entry in this made-up genre, Tarantino explained this in filmed footage from the 2007 Cannes Film Festival.
Appropriately enough for a hangout movie, the most memorable scene
in Rio Bravo is also the most extraneous. Most of Rio Bravo consists of waiting around for the big gunfight that will inevitably conclude the movie. So, there's a lot of time to sit around, hang out, and, hey, maybe even play a song or two. What,
two of these gunslingers also happen to be among the era's biggestpop stars? Somebody get them a guitar! Here's Martin and Nelson (with Brennan on harmonica) doing a jailhouse duet on "My Rifle, My Pony, And Me," while various bad guys lurk about outside, looking to bust in. "My Rifle, My Pony, And Me" is not playing in the background, subtly adding another layer of subtext to the
scene. It's front and center and performed by the actors, with no apparent deeper meaning beyond the pure enjoyment of watching them. I don't think the actors are even supposed to be in character here. We're not meant to see Dude and Colorado, we're meant to see Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson, and bask in the effervescent glow emanating from their collective star power. "When you've got some talent, your job is to use it," Hawks said of the scene, deflecting criticism he was being self-indulgent
with his stars by shoehorning an unnecessary musical number into a western. Of course Hawks was being self-indulgent. Why would Hawks let a little thing like plot get in the way of giving the audience pleasure? Hawks understood a simple truism many film fans disregard: there are thousands of good actors in the world, but
only so many genuine stars. Martin and Nelson hold their own as actors, but they are natural born, effortless, mega-watt personalities, and most of the people who paid to see Rio Bravo wanted to see them sing, possibly together, on a larger-than-life movie screen. Tarantino did something similar in Pulp Fiction when he got John Travolta back on the dance floor for the famous "You Never Can Tell" twist contest scene. Could Tarantino have skipped this scene without missing a beat in the Vincent Vega/Mia Wallace story? Certainly, but we would have lost out on a few minutes of
movie magic. And some things, like seeing Travolta dance again, must take precedence over plot.

LYRICS:

"My Rifle, Pony and Me"

Sun is sinking in the west
The cattle go down to the stream
The redwing settles in the nest
It's time for a cowboy to dream

Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle pony and me

Gonna hang my sombrero
on the limb of a tree
Coming home sweet my darling

Whippoorwill in the willow
sings a sweet melody
Riding to Amarillo

No more cows to be ropin'
No more strays will I see
'round the bend shell be waitin
For my rifle pony and me
For my rifle my pony and me

Video:
Frame Width: 1280
Frame Height: 720
Data Rate: 4009kbps
Total Bitrate: 4260kbps
Frame Rate: 29 FPS

Audio:
Dolby Pro Logic II
Bit Rate: 251kbps
Channels 2(stereo)
Audio Sample Rate: 44 khz

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
65.62 MB
seeders:3
leechers:1
My Rifle, Pony, and Me - Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson Jammin - Dolby Pro Logic II -2 Tracks.mp4

Screenshots

My Rifle, Pony, and Me - Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson Jammin - Dolby Pro Logic II -2 Tracks.mp4 screenshot
My Rifle, Pony, and Me - Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson Jammin - Dolby Pro Logic II -2 Tracks.mp4 screenshot