Music for Two - Bla Fleck & Edgar Meyer (2001) [Classical][mp3

seeders: 4
leechers: 0
Added on July 25, 2009 by in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Music for Two - Bla Fleck & Edgar Meyer (2001) [Classical][mp3 (Size: 168.57 MB)
 Front.jpg12.11 KB
 Torrent_downloaded_from_Demonoid.com.txt47 bytes
 tracked_by_h33t_com.txt23 bytes
 11 Palmyra.mp324.13 MB
 06 Blue Spruce.mp320.03 MB
 16 Woolly Mammoth.mp317.71 MB
 03 Pile-Up.mp315.82 MB
 08 The One I Left Behind.mp311.46 MB
 01 Bug Tussle.mp311.27 MB
 07 Canon.mp310.18 MB
 05 Solar.mp39.12 MB
 12 The Lake Effect.mp37.45 MB
 13 Largo (From Sonata).mp37.29 MB
 04 Prelude No. 24, BMV 869.mp36.86 MB
 15 Wrong Number.mp36.86 MB
 17 Wishful Thinking.mp36.72 MB
 09 Menuett I-II, BMV 825.mp35 MB
 10 Prelude No. 2, BMV 847.mp33.79 MB
 14 Allegro Vivace (From Sonata).mp32.82 MB
 02 Invention No. 10, BMV 796.mp32.04 MB
 2001 Music for Two Info.txt4.43 KB
 h33t - Torrents by [schon55].url263 bytes

Description

Music for Two - Béla Fleck & Edgar Meyer

Audio CD: April 27, 2004

Label: Sony

Format: Live

Bitrate: 320 kbps

On Music for Two, banjo wizard Béla Fleck and stand-up bass maestro Edgar Meyer effortlessly sail through a challenging program that includes compositions by Bach, a sonata by Henry Eccles, a Miles Davis tune, and a number of self-composed finger twisters. The amazing thing about this varied selection is not its eclecticism--which is only to be expected with these two--but that it all blends together so seamlessly. Fleck's jazz-tinged compositions (like "The Lake Effect" ) and Meyer's bluegrass-inspired tunes (like "Wishful Thinking" ) sit so comfortably next to Bach's baroque jewels and Davis's cool jazz that it makes you question the entire of concept of musical classification. (In fact, the Bach preludes, inventions, and partitas translate so well to the banjo/bass arrangements, you have to wonder if old JSB might not have had a bit of bluegrass in his soul.) Music for Two was recorded live at a series of 2001 concerts, where Fleck and Meyer proved conclusively that the banjo and the bass were capable of remarkable subtlety and not just twang and boom. ~ Michael John Simmons

Bela Fleck and Edgar Meyer are the unequivocal masters of their respective instruments, the banjo and the string bass, and have been such close friends for so long that a colloborative effort seems like a natural evolution of their ouvre. Indeed, the beauty of this disc is that the music does not get bogged down under the weight of their combined musical genius. On Music for Two, a Sony Classical release, Fleck and Meyer weave intricate tapestries of sound, combining straight classical transcriptions of Bach (the original classical virtuoso and arguably the touchstone for all of western music) with improvised tunes from their own repertoire. "Bug-Tussle" and "Pile Up" are upbeat, catchy newgrass charts that are heavy on the improv. "Blue Spruce" is a new-agey Flecktune featuring Bela in a semi-rare performance on the six-string guitar and Edgar on piano. "Wrong Number" pulls a fast one on the live audience, as an interrupting cell phone becomes an elaborate gag that is worked into the song itself. And the Bach transcriptions are not only 100% faithful, but 100% flawless. The added DVD only enhances the listening experience, as you get to see fingers and hands in action, making the virtuosity of Fleck and Meyer even more apparent. In the end, "Music for Two" proves that sometimes when you combine two musical talents of this caliber, one plus one equals MUCH more than just two. ~ Dustin Georgemiller

Personnel:

Bela Fleck - guitar, banjo

Edgar Meyer - piano, double bass

Music for Two - Béla Fleck & Edgar Meyer DETAILED Tracks: (With Bela Fleck & Edgar Meyer)

Bug Tussle

Composed by Bela Fleck

Three-Part Invention (Sinfonia), for keyboard No. 10 in G major, BWV 796 (BC L51)

Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach

Pile-up

Composed by Bela Fleck, Edgar Meyer

Prelude and Fugue, for keyboard No. 24 in B minor (WTC I/24), BWV 869 (BC L103) Prelude No. 24

Solar

Composed by Miles Davis

Blue Spruce

Composed by Bela Fleck

Canon

Composed by Edgar Meyer

The One I Left Behind

Composed by Bela Fleck

Partita for keyboard No. 1 in B flat major, BWV 825 (BC L1) Menuett I-II

Prelude and Fugue, for keyboard No. 2 in C minor (WTC I/2), BWV 847 (BC L81) Prelude No. 2

Palmyra

The Lake Effect

Composed by Bela Fleck

Sonata for double bass in G minor Largo

Composed by Henry Eccles

Sonata for double bass in G minor Allegro Vivace

Composed by Henry Eccles

Wrong Number

Woolly Mammoth

Wishful Thinking, for double bass

Composed by Edgar Meyer

Music for Two - Béla Fleck & Edgar Meyer Tracks:

01 Bug Tussle

02 Three-Part Invention

03 Pile-Up

04 Prelude No. 24 (From the Well-Tempered Clavier, Second Book)

05 Solar

06 Blue Spruce

07 Canon

08 One I Left Behind, The

09 V. Menuett I-II From Partita No. 1

10 Prelude No. 2

11 Palmyra

12 Lake Effect, The

13 Largo From Sonata

14 Allegro Vivace From Sonata

15 Wrong Number

16 Wooley Mamouth