Milligan, Spike-Adolf Hitler_ My Part in His Downfall - epub - zeke23

seeders: 4
leechers: 3
Added on October 12, 2015 by zeke23in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Milligan, Spike-Adolf Hitler_ My Part in His Downfall - epub - zeke23 (Size: 1.46 MB)
 Milligan, Spike-Adolf Hitler_ My Part in His Downfall.epub1.46 MB

Description

Adolf Hitler: My Part in his Downfall (War Memoirs #1)
by Spike Milligan
4.06 of 5 stars
4.06 · rating details · 3,568 ratings · 130 reviews 23

Spike Milligan's legendary war memoirs are a hilarious and subversive first-hand account of the Second World War, as well as a fascinating portrait of the formative years of this towering comic genius, most famous as writer and star of The Goon Show. They have sold over 4.5 million copies since they first appeared.

'The most irreverent, hilarious book about the war that I have ever read' Sunday Express

'Brilliant verbal pyrotechnics, throwaway lines and marvelous anecdotes' Daily Mail

'Desperately funny, vivid, vulgar' Sunday Times

'At Victoria station the R.T.O. gave me a travel warrant, a white feather and a picture of Hitler marked "This is your enemy". I searched every compartment, but he wasn't on the train...'

In this, the first of Spike Milligan's uproarious recollections of life in the army, our hero takes us from the outbreak of war in 1939 ('it must have been something we said'), through his attempts to avoid enlistment ('time for my appendicitis, I thought') and his gunner training in Bexhill ('There was one drawback. No ammunition') to the landing at Algiers in 1943 ('I closed my eyes and faced the sun. I fell down a hatchway').

Filled with bathos, pathos and gales of ribald laughter, this is a barely sane helping of military goonery and superlative Milliganese.

Terence Alan Patrick Seán Milligan, known as Spike, was a comedian, writer and musician. He was of Irish descent, but spent most of his childhood in India and lived most of his later life in England, moving to Australia after retirement. He is famous for his work in The Goon Show, children's poetry and a series of comical autobiographical novels about his experiences serving in the British Army in WWII. Spike Milligan suffered from bipolar disorder, which led to depression and frequent breakdowns, but he will be remembered as a comic genius. His tombstone reads 'I told you I was ill' in Gaelic.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.46 MB
seeders:4
leechers:3
Milligan, Spike-Adolf Hitler_ My Part in His Downfall - epub - zeke23