Merriam-Webster -Vocabulary_Builder - pdf [a0b10c110]

seeders: 1
leechers: 4
Added on June 16, 2015 by a0b10c110in Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Merriam-Webster -Vocabulary_Builder - pdf [a0b10c110] (Size: 4.06 MB)
 Merriam-Webster Vocabulary_Builder.pdf4.04 MB
 Merriam-Webster -Vocabulary_Builder - cover.jpg16.98 KB
 Merriam-Webster -Vocabulary_Builder - info.txt2.7 KB

Description

Merriam-Webster's Vocabulary Builder

Product Details

ISBN: 0877798559
Language: English

Book Description

This expanded and thoroughly revised new edition is designed not only to add hundreds of useful new words to a student’s permanent working vocabulary but also to teach the most common and useful Greek and Latin word-building roots to help students understand and master additional vocabulary in the future.

Example sentences and brief explanatory comments provide a rich context to bring the words to life, and quizzes are provided to encourage reuse and recall of words and to reinforce memory of them. All of these features combine to make this a valuable tool for students preparing for standardized tests or simply seeking to expand their English vocabulary.

About the Author

Since 1937. Merriam-Webster is America's foremost publisher of language-related reference works. The company publishes a diverse array of print and electronic products, including Merriam-Webster's Collegiate(tm) Dictionary, Eleventh Edition - America's best-selling desk dictionary - and Webster's Third New International Dictionary, Unabridged. Merriam-Webster can be considered the direct lexicographical heir of Noah Webster. In 1843, the company bought the rights to the 1841 edition of Webster's magnum opus, An American Dictionary of the English Language, Corrected and Enlarged. At the same time, they secured the rights to create revised editions of the work. Since that time, Merriam-Webster editors have carried forward Noah Webster's work, creating some of the most widely used and respected dictionaries and reference books in the world.

Reviews

I just bought this book and read 5 pages so far. And I love it! I can speak English, my second language, very well. But I want my vocabulary to be as good as a native speaker, so I was looking for a book that only includes high-level vocabulary and shows how to use them in phrases. This book is the answer and more! It groups words by their roots, and gives a little story of the roots at the right level. Under each root, there are usually 3 or 4 words, which I think is a good quantity. I found this effective in learning similar words quickly. Each word is followed by abundant yet short phrases to illustrate its meanings and connotations. The phrases are informative and fun to read. After several roots, you can take quizzes to see how much you have learnt or forgotten. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to build a powerful vocabulary in an effective way.

Merriam-Webster's Vocabulary Builder , New Edition 2010 , written by Mary Wood Cornog, will be useful to undergraduates, journalists, editors and all who work in the communications field.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.06 MB
seeders:1
leechers:4
Merriam-Webster -Vocabulary_Builder - pdf [a0b10c110]