Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson- Pancho And Lefty & Reasons To Quit- Live Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs.mp4

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on February 21, 2014 by dd53787in Movies > Music videos
Torrent verified.

Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson- Pancho And Lefty & Reasons To Quit- Live Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs.mp4 (Size: 132.75 MB)
 Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson- Pancho And Lefty & Reasons To Quit- Live Dolby Pro Logic...132.75 MB

Description

imageimageimage

"Pancho And Lefty"
Willie Nelson Aand Merle Haggard Live
The total finished Audio lists at 604kbs.

"Pancho And Lefty" is from a honky tonk album by outlaw country musicians Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson, released in 1983. A blockbuster album, Pancho & Lefty dominated country music for the year and helped establish both artists as two of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed of the genre. Nelson and Haggard were two of Nashville's biggest artists of the time, the former at his creative peak and the latter having just released a successful comeback (Big City) two years previously.The album's title track and number one country single is a cover of what was arguably the signature song of legendary country-folk singer/songwriter Townes Van Zandt.

Merle Ronald Haggard (born April 6, 1937) is an American country and Western song writer, singer, guitarist, fiddler, and instrumentalist. Along with Buck Owens, Haggard and his band The Strangers helped create the Bakersfield sound, which is characterized by the unique twang of Fender Telecaster and the unique mix with the traditional country steel guitar sound, new vocal harmony styles in which the words are minimal, and a rough edge not heard on the more polished Nashville Sound recordings of the same era.By the 1970s, Haggard was aligned with the growing outlaw country movement, and has continued to release successful albums through the 1990s and into the 2000s. In 1994, he was inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame. In 1997, he was inducted into the Oklahoma Music Hall of Fame.

Willie Hugh Nelson born April 29, 1933) is an American country music singer-songwriter, as well as an author, poet, actor, and activist. The critical success of the album Shotgun Willie (1973), combined with the critical and commercial success of Red Headed Stranger (1975) and Stardust (1978), made Nelson one of the most recognized artists in country music. He was one of the main figures of outlaw country, a subgenre of country music that developed in the late 1960s as a reaction to the conservative restrictions of the Nashville sound.In 1969, the Baldwin company gave Nelson an amplifier and a three-cord pickup electric guitar. During a show in Helotes, Texas, Nelson left the guitar on the floor of the stage, and it was later stepped on by a drunk man. He sent it to be repaired in Nashville by Shot Jackson, who told Nelson that the damage was too great. Jackson offered him a Martin N-20 Classical guitar, and, at Nelson's request, moved the pickup to the Martin. Nelson purchased the guitar unseen for US$750 and named it after Roy Rogers' horse "Trigger". The next year Nelson rescued the guitar from his burning ranch. Constant strumming with a guitar pick over the decades has worn a large sweeping hole into the guitar's body near the sound hole—the N-20 has no pick-guard since classical guitars are meant to be played fingerstyle instead of with picks. Its soundboard has been signed by over a hundred of Nelson's friends and associates, ranging from fellow musicians to lawyers and football coaches. The first signature on the guitar was Leon Russell's, who asked Nelson initially to sign his guitar. When Nelson was about to sign it with a marker, Russell requested him to scratch it instead, explaining that the guitar would be more valuable in the future. Interested in the concept, Nelson requested Russell also to also sign his guitar. In 1991, during his process with the IRS, Nelson was worried that Trigger could be auctioned off, stating: "When Trigger goes, I'll quit". He asked his daughter, Lana, to take the guitar from the studio before any IRS agent got there, and bring it to him on Maui. Nelson then hid the guitar in his manager's house until his debt was paid in 1993.
"Pancho and Lefty" is a song written by country singer and songwriter Townes Van Zandt. Often considered his "most enduring and well-known song," Van Zandt first recorded it for his 1972 album, The Late Great Townes Van Zandt. Emmylou Harris then covered the song for her 1977 album, Luxury Liner. Also in 1977 Hoyt Axton recorded it on his album Snowblind Friend. The song became a number one country hit in 1983 when Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson adopted it as the title track of their duet album Pancho & Lefty. The song tells the story of a Mexican bandit named Pancho and a more enigmatic character, Lefty. The song tells of Pancho's death and implies that he was betrayed by his associate Lefty who was paid off by the Mexican federales.Although the lyrics are not exactly reconcilable with the historic details of the life and death of the famous Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa, Van Zandt does not rule out the idea. In an interview, he recalled, "I realize that I wrote it, but it's hard to take credit for the writing, because it came from out of the blue. It came through me and it's a real nice song, and I think, uh, I've finally found out what it's about. I've always wondered what it's about. I kinda always knew it wasn't about Pancho Villa, and then somebody told me that Pancho Villa had a buddy whose name in Spanish meant 'Lefty.' But in the song, my song, Pancho gets hung. 'They only let him hang around out of kindness I suppose' and the real Pancho Villa was, uh, assassinated." In the same interview, recalling an altercation with law enforcement,
Van Zandt recalled, "We got stopped by these two policeman and...they said 'What do you do for a living?', and I said, 'Well, I'm a songwriter', and they both kind of looked around like 'pitiful, pitiful', and so on to that I added, 'I wrote that song Pancho and Lefty. You ever heard that song Pancho and Lefty? I wrote that', and they looked back around and they looked at each other and started grinning, and it turns out that their squad car, you know their partnership, it was two guys, it was an Anglo and a Hispanic, and it turns out, they're called Pancho and Lefty..so I think maybe that's what it's about, those two guys... I hope I never see them again.'' The song is more a character study of the imperfect union between two bandits and how betrayal plays a part in the hero Pancho’s downfall, and how Lefty goes on in his life (“to Ohio”). Writing in "American Songwriter," Jim Beviglia argues that Lefty did not betray Pancho, instead suggesting that the song contrasts the choice between going out in a "blaze of glory" versus growing old and gray -- a theme also addressed by Neil Young. However, the line "Lefty split for Ohio / Where he got the bread to go there / Ain't nobody knows" suggests that Lefty sold out Pancho, and in addition, a bandit character named Pancho, even if not directly in reference to the historical figure Pancho Villa, would have had a reward out for him. Further still, the federales likely wouldn't have gotten Pancho without the betrayal of one of his friends ("We only let him slip away / Out of kindness, I suppose"). Pancho and Lefty would seem to be hero and villain, respectively, but the song seems to tell the story of their torn relationship objectively, with both of them doing what they “had to do”: He only did what he had to do / And now he's growin' old. The early part of the song is about how “livin’ on the road was going to keep you free and clean,” but evidently Pancho wanted to keep on the road and Lefty wanted a way out. This conflict determines the rest of the narrative. One of the song’s strengths is that the rhymes are unpredictable at the end of the lines; some verses go AAAB, while the intro verse goes ABCB. In this excerpt, Lefty must live with the knowledge of how he betrayed
his friend, which evidently is a fate worse than to have died with Pancho:
The dust that Pancho bit down south / Ended up in Lefty's mouth
while The line “…out of kindness I suppose” draws the contrast between how the federales thought they could have caught Pancho at any time, but needed Lefty’s betrayal to get their man.

Lyrics

"Pancho And Lefty"

Livin on the road my friend, is gonna keep you free and clean
Now you wear your skin like iron
Your breath as hard as kerosene
You weren't your momma's only boy, but her favorite one it seems
She began to cry when you said goodbye
And sank into your dreams
Pancho was a bandit boy, his horse was fast as polished steel
He wore his gun outside his pants
For all the honest world to feel
Pancho met his match you know on the deserts down in Mexico
Nobody heard his dyin words, ah but that's the way it goes

All the Federales say, they could've had him any day
They only let him slip away, out of kindness I suppose

Lefty he can't sing the blues all night long like he used to
The dust that Pancho bit down south ended up in Lefty's mouth
The day they laid poor Pancho low, Lefty split for Ohio
Where he got the bread to go, there ain't nobody knows

They only let him slip away out of kindness I suppose

The boys tell how old Pancho fell, and Lefty's livin in cheap hotels
The desert's quiet, Cleveland's cold
And so the story ends we're told
Pancho needs your prayers it's true, but save a few for Lefty too
He only did what he had to do, and now he's growing old

They only let him go so long, out of kindness I suppose

A few gray Federales say, they could've had him any day
They only let him go so long, out of kindness I suppose

Video:
Frame Width: 1280
Frame Height: 720
Data Rate: 2104kbps
Total Bitrate: 2709kbps
Frame Rate: 29 FPS

Audio:
Track I
Dolby Pro Logic II
Bit Rate: 384kbps
Channels 2(stereo)
Audio Sample Rate: 48 khz

Track 2
7.1 ch mix stereo
Bit Rate: 1536kbps
Audio Sample Rate: 48 khz

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
132.75 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson- Pancho And Lefty & Reasons To Quit- Live Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs.mp4

Screenshots

Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson- Pancho And Lefty & Reasons To Quit- Live Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs.mp4 screenshot
Merle Haggard & Willie Nelson- Pancho And Lefty & Reasons To Quit- Live Dolby Pro Logic II 384kbs.mp4 screenshot

All Comments

Merle and Willie, now there's a matched pair if there ever was one. Thanks uploader.
kinda thought you'd like this one, used to love! this on the Radio!