Memphis Slim Pete Guitar Lewis Little Willie Littlefield Messin' Around With The Blues(blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t]

seeders: 33
leechers: 22
Added on March 19, 2013 by rogerccin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Memphis Slim Pete Guitar Lewis Little Willie Littlefield Messin' Around With The Blues(blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t] (Size: 135.66 MB)
 01 Louisiana Hop.mp35.62 MB
 02 Raggedy Blues.mp35.2 MB
 03 Crying With The Rising Sun.mp36.8 MB
 04 Harmonica Boogie.mp36.13 MB
 05 Goofy Dust Blues.mp36.43 MB
 06 Striking On You Baby.mp36.31 MB
 07 Blood Is Redder Than Wine.mp36.5 MB
 08 The Midnight Hour Was Shining.mp36.05 MB
 09 My Best Wishes And Regards.mp36.35 MB
 10 Falling Tears.mp35.65 MB
 Messin' Around With The Blues Volume 2.m3u287 bytes
 01 Messin' Around With The Blues.mp36.22 MB
 02 Midnight Jump.mp36.1 MB
 03 Darlin' I Miss You.mp36.81 MB
 04 Now I Got The Blues.mp35.54 MB
 05 Harlem Bound.mp35.95 MB
 06 Letter Home.mp36.34 MB
 07 Mistake In Life.mp36.16 MB
 08 Don't Ration My Love.mp36.22 MB
 09 Pacemaker Boogie.mp36.23 MB
 10 Grinder Man Blues.mp36.34 MB
 11 Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child.mp36.53 MB
 12 Slim's Boogie.mp36.12 MB
 Front.jpg54.1 KB
 Messin' Around With The Blues Volume 1.m3u331 bytes

Description

Messin' Around With The Blues Volume 1 and 2
Label : King/Gusto
Released :1996
Format : Mp3@320

Messin' Around With The Blues Volume 1 - Memphis Slim

The Memphis Slim sides featured here, which were recorded in 1946 and 1947, were leased or bought in for release on King / Federal from the Chicago based Hy-Tone and Miracle labels.

An amazingly prolific artist who brought a brisk air of urban sophistication to his frequently stunning presentation, John "Peter" Chatman -- better known as Memphis Slim -- assuredly ranks with the greatest blues pianists of all time. He was smart enough to take Big Bill Broonzy's early advice about developing a style to call his own to heart, instead of imitating that of his idol, Roosevelt Sykes. Soon enough, other 88s pounders were copying Slim rather than the other way around; his thundering ivories attack set him apart from most of his contemporaries, while his deeply burnished voice possessed a commanding authority.

Side One : Memphis Slim
1 Messin' Around With The Blues 2:46
2 Midnight Jump 2:42
3 Darlin' I Miss You 3:02
4 Now I Got The Blues 2:28
5 Harlem Bound 2:40
6 Letter Home 2:50

Side Two : Memphis Slim
1 Mistake In Life 2:44
2 Don't Ration My Love 2:46
3 Pacemaker Boogie 2:47
4 Grinder Man Blues
5 Sometimes I Feel Like A Motherless Child 2:54
6 Slim's Boogie 2:45

Messin' Around With The Blues Volume 2 - Pete "Guitar" Lewis and Little Willie Littlefield

Volume 2 features Pete "Guitar" Lewis and Little Willie Littlefield, these originally released on Federal in the early 1950s.

Pete "Guitar" Lewis.

Lewis was discovered by Johnny Otis at amateur night at the Club Alabam which Otis was the co-owner of, and was soon added to the Johnny Otis Show, appearing on all their recordings from 1951-55. Virtually all of his recordings (except his last) where done under Johnny Otis' tutelage, and when he left Otis' group in 1955 he returned to obscurity. he died in L.A. in the early 70's,

Side One : Pete "Guitar" Lewis
1.Louisiana Hop 2:32
2 Raggedy Blues 2:20
3.Crying With The Rising Sun 3:02
4. Harmonica Boogie 2:47
5. Goofy Dust Blues 2:54

Little Willie Littlefield (born September 16, 1931)

By 1947, at the age of sixteen, Littlefield was already a local attraction on many of Houston's Dowling Street Clubs and was recording for local record shop proprietor Eddie Henry who ran his own label "Eddies".His first recording, "Little Willie’s Boogie" was a hit in Texas in 1949, and brought him to the attention of Jules Bihari, one of the Bihari brothers of Modern Records in Los Angeles, California. Bihari flew to Houston in July 1949 to investigate the city's black entertainment venues and heard of a "teenage wonder boy pianist" who was causing a stir at the Eldorado Ballroom. Bihari went to hear Littlefield and soon arranged for an audition at a local studio. The session was captured on acetate disc, with Bihari, clearly audible in the background, calling for Littlefield to play the popular R&B tunes of the day.
Back at Modern Records, he recorded "It's Midnight", which became a national hit reaching #3 on the Billboard R&B chart. Its follow-up, "Farewell", reached #5 on the R&B chart. He became a major nightclub attraction and recorded with West Coast musicians such as Maxwell Davis.
Don Wilkerson, Littlefield's old school buddy and the leading saxman in his band, also travelled to Los Angeles, but Milburn promptly stole him to lead his own new band 'The Aladdin Chickenshackers'.
Modern Records booked Littlefield for three recording sessions during October 1949, followed by more sessions in the following two months at Radio Recorders in Hollywood. During these three months alone, over 22 sides were cut - an unusual output when compared to most other artists who averaged only two sessions a year. Other musicians for these sessions included Maxwell Davis and Buddy Floyd, guitarists Chuck Norris and Johnny Moore, and drummers Al Wichard and Jessie Price. In 1951, his duet with Little Lora Wiggins, "I've Been Lost", reached #10 on the R&B chart.
In 1952 he moved to the Federal subsidiary of King Records, his first session producing "K. C. Loving" (written by Leiber and Stoller and later re-recorded by Wilbert Harrison as "Kansas City").
By 1957 Littlefield had moved to Northern California and continued to record for Don Barksdale's Rhythm label in San Francisco where he produced the single "Ruby, Ruby".
Littlefield’s recording and his subsequent releases were not successful, although he remained a popular club act in the San Francisco area.
In the late 1970s he toured Europe successfully, later settling in the Netherlands and releasing a number of albums for the Oldie Blues records label from Martin van Olderen. Littlefield built a considerable European reputation with his vigorous boogie-woogie piano playing and smoky singing.

Side Two : Little Willie Littlefield
1. Striking On You Baby 2:49
2. Blood Is Redder Than Wine 2:55
3. The Midnight Hour Was Shining 2:42
4. My Best Wishes And Regards 2:50
5. Falling Tears 2:31

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
135.66 MB
seeders:33
leechers:22
Memphis Slim Pete Guitar Lewis Little Willie Littlefield Messin' Around With The Blues(blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t]