Memphis Slim And Canned Heat With The Memphis Horns - 1973 - Memphis Heat (2004 Expanded Reissue) [mp3@320]

seeders: 3
leechers: 0
Added on March 30, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Memphis Slim And Canned Heat With The Memphis Horns - 1973 - Memphis Heat (2004 Expanded Reissue) [mp3@320] (Size: 158.73 MB)
 Back.jpg1.46 MB
 Booklet 01.jpg4.02 MB
 Booklet 02.jpg4.84 MB
 Booklet 03.jpg2.65 MB
 Booklet 04.jpg3.8 MB
 Booklet 05.jpg2.14 MB
 Booklet 06.jpg2.94 MB
 Booklet 07.jpg2.97 MB
 Booklet 08.jpg3.07 MB
 CD.jpg1.48 MB
 Memphis Slim, Canned Heat, Memphis Horns - Memphis Heat.txt7.05 KB
 01 - When I Were Young.mp36.45 MB
 02 - Whizzie Wham.mp34.16 MB
 03 - Black Cat Cross My Trail.mp37.13 MB
 04 - Boogie Duo.mp37.25 MB
 05 - Down That Big Road.mp37.12 MB
 06 - Mr Longfingers.mp316.32 MB
 07 - Mother Earth.mp37.64 MB
 08 - You Don't Know My Mind.mp315.04 MB
 09 - Five long years.mp311.82 MB
 10 - Trouble Everywhere I Go.mp38.98 MB

Description

All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Memphis Slim And Canned Heat With The Memphis Horns

1973 - Memphis Heat (2004 Expanded Reissue) [mp3@320]

Memphis Slim

Memphis Slim, American Folk Blues Festival, Hamburg 1972

Wikipedia:
Memphis Slim (September 3, 1915 – February 24, 1988) was an American blues pianist, singer, and composer. He led a series of bands that, reflecting the popular appeal of jump blues, included saxophones, bass, drums, and piano. A song he first cut in 1947, "Every Day I Have the Blues", has become a blues standard, recorded by many other artists. He made over 500 recordings.

Canned Heat

1970 photo of the classic Canned Heat lineup

Wikipedia:
Canned Heat is an American blues rock band formed in Los Angeles in 1965. The group has been noted for its interpretations of blues material and for its efforts to promote interest in this type of music and its original artists. It was launched by two blues enthusiasts, Alan Wilson and Bob Hite, who took the name from Tommy Johnson's 1928 "Canned Heat Blues", a song about an alcoholic who had desperately turned to drinking Sterno, generically called "canned heat". After appearances at the Monterey and Woodstock festivals at the end of the 1960s, the band acquired worldwide fame with a lineup consisting of Bob Hite (vocals), Alan Wilson (guitar, harmonica and vocals), Henry Vestine and later Harvey Mandel (lead guitar), Larry Taylor (bass), and Adolfo de la Parra (drums).

The Memphis Horns

The Memphis Horns circa 1965

Wikipedia:
The Memphis Horns are an American horn section made famous by their many appearances on Stax Records. They have been called "arguably the greatest soul horn section ever."[1] Originally a sextet, the Memphis Horns gradually slimmed down to a duo, Wayne Jackson on trumpet and Andrew Love (November 21, 1941 - April 12, 2012) on tenor saxophone.
The Memphis Horns appeared on nearly every recording for Stax that included a horn section — with Isaac Hayes, Otis Redding, Rufus Thomas, Sam and Dave and others — as well as on other releases, including The Doobie Brothers' What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits and U2's Rattle and Hum, as well as a few solo records.

Memphis Heat (2004 Expanded Reissue)

Artist: Memphis Slim And Canned Heat With The Memphis Horns
Title: Memphis Heat
Format: CD, Album, Reissue, Digipak
Producer: Philippe Rault
Release Date: 1973 (November 22, 2004)
Label: Maison De Blues, Universal Int'l
Catalog #: 982 274-2
ASIN: B0002VYEFY
Genre: Blues, Chicago Blues, Piano Blues, Regional Blues
Duration: 53:06

AllMusic Review by Arwulf Arwulf:
Memphis Heat documents Chicago blues piano legend Memphis Slim's studio collaborations with the rock group Canned Heat in France on September 18, 1970, and July 11, 1973. The results are tasty indeed. Slim's voice and piano are well matched by Henry Vestine's electric guitar, Canned Heat's rockin' rhythm section, and (on six out of 13 tracks) the Memphis Horns, a solid wind quintet of trumpet, trombone, two tenors, and a baritone sax. Memphis Slim tried on a lot of different styles and instrumental combinations during the 1970s. His Canned Heat sessions have been both praised and panned over the years, a state of affairs that often revealed more about the reviewers than the music itself. A fair assessment should take into account the blues and rock scene of the early '70s, the pianist's artistic intentions as he capped a long and eventful career, and perhaps most importantly the positive effect that this music is likely to have upon any listener who loves a good jumpin' electric blues band.

Notes:
Previously released in 1974 as "House of the Blues" Volume 7
Recorded on May and June 1973 at Michel Magne Studio, Hérouville France

01. When I Were Young (Peter Chatman) - 2:44
02. Whizzle Wham (Instrumental) (Peter Chatman) - 1:45
03. Black Cat Cross My Trail (Peter Chatman) - 3:03
04. Boogie Duo (Instrumental) (Peter Chatman) - 3:04
05. Down That Big Road (Peter Chatman) - 3:02
06. Mr Longfinger (Instrumental) (Peter Chatman) - 7:04
07. Mother Earth (Peter Chatman) - 3:15
08. You Dont Know My Mind (Peter Chatman) - 6:30
09. Five Long Years (Eddie Boyd) - 5:06
10. Trouble Everwhere I Go (Peter Chatman) - 3:50
11. Paris (Peter Chatman) - 2:14

Bonus Tracks:

12.Five Long Years (Alternate) (Eddie Boyd) - 7:31
13.Menphis Heat (Peter Chatman) - 3:56

Lineup:

Memphis Slim - Vocals, Piano

Canned Heat:

Bob "the Bear" Hite - harmonica
Henry Vestine - guitar
James Shane - guitar
Richard Hite - bass
Antonio de la Barreda - bass
Fito de la Parra - drums
Joel Scott Hill - vocals

Memphis Horns:

Andrew Love - Tenor Saxophone
Ed Logan - Tenor Saxophone
Jack Hale - Trombone
James Mitchell - Baritone Saxophone
Wayne Jackson - Trumpet
Peter Chatman - Vocals

Note:
This is not my rip.
My thanks to the original uploader (whoever that may be).

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
158.73 MB
seeders:3
leechers:0
Memphis Slim And Canned Heat With The Memphis Horns - 1973 - Memphis Heat (2004 Expanded Reissue) [mp3@320]