Memoirs of a Hippie Girl In India [BlackPanther]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on June 19, 2015 by BlackPantherin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Memoirs of a Hippie Girl In India [BlackPanther] (Size: 16.76 MB)
 Memoirs of a Hippie Girl In India [BlackPanther].pdf11.28 MB
 Memoirs of a Hippie Girl In India [BlackPanther].epub5.48 MB
 Memoirs of a Hippie Girl In India [BlackPanther].jpg11.49 KB

Description

Memoirs of a Hippie Girl In India

Ann BeCoy is a Canadian woman of Dutch descent who traveled extensively in the 1970s to India and Nepal – lands of gurus, sadhus and maharishis – and into the so-called counter-culture of the day. Here presented are her fascinating accounts of life in those places and in those times; of ideals, values and the practical reality of trying to live up to them in a foreign culture thousands of miles from home. BeCoy takes you into the depths of commune culture, Hindu mysticism, the drugs, the sex and the rock-and-roll lifestyle she lived during those years, and gives her insights into how it worked and why it didn't. From first to last, this profusely illustrated book will transport, enchant and entertain you.

From the Book:
WHILE OTHER TORONTO KIDS MY AGE were in college or grad school, I spent my nineteenth and twentieth birthdays in jail, getting a different kind of education. After pursuing a sudden and passionate romance, I quickly found myself becoming a world traveler and teen-aged drug smuggler. And that is an education in itself.

This story recounts my journey through the Middle East to India, then to Europe and back to India again. From the hippie beach in Goa, it brings you into the female side of India’s prison system and my personal transformation during three months in Bombay jails. Then the journey takes you to ashram and village life in rural India, to Simla and the Himalayas in northern India, and later to Kathmandu in Nepal.

I went from jail to ashram to jail to ashram. And I saw there wasn’t a lot of difference between the two. As Baba Ram Dass said in Be Here Now, it’s all a question of perception.

In writing this piece of my life adventure, I wanted to portray a time and place unique in history, a place that was magical for a while. I feel blessed to have seen a side of India that no longer exists – an India with 19th-century quaintness but largely free of Western culture. In other words, India when it was still Indian.

Memoirs of a Hippie Girl In India
Author(s): Ann BeCoy
Genre: Travel
Language: English
Year: September 10, 2013
Pages: 97
E-book Format: EPUB,PDF

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
16.76 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0