Marcia Ball - 2001 - Presumed Innocent [mp3@320] (Blues)

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on April 29, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Marcia Ball - 2001 - Presumed Innocent [mp3@320] (Blues) (Size: 132.31 MB)
 01 - scene of the crime.mp37.52 MB
 02 - You Make It Hard.mp39.38 MB
 03 - Count The Days.mp38.16 MB
 04 - Let The Tears Roll Down.mp313.28 MB
 05 - Louella.mp310.37 MB
 06 - Fly On The Wall.mp310.17 MB
 07 - I Have The Right To Know.mp311.24 MB
 08 - Thibodaux, Louisiana.mp38.17 MB
 09 - I'm Coming Down With The Blues.mp39.38 MB
 10 - Shake A Leg.mp36.93 MB
 11 - Somebody To Love.mp38.35 MB
 12 - She's So Innocent.mp311.42 MB
 13 - You Make Me Happy.mp38.78 MB
 Marcia Ball - 2001 - Presumed Innocent [mp3@320].txt4.74 KB
 Booklet 01.jpg1.05 MB
 Booklet 02.jpg1.32 MB
 Booklet 03.jpg1.3 MB
 Booklet 04.jpg1.31 MB
 CD.jpg406.65 KB
 digipak front.jpg861.21 KB
 Digipak Inside 1.jpg363.48 KB
 Digipak Inside 2.jpg551.02 KB
 Digipak inside 3.jpg676.38 KB
 Digipak Outside 2.jpg717.81 KB
 Digipak Outside 3.jpg696.71 KB
 Marcia Ball - Presumed Innocent.log3.75 KB

Description

Ripped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy.
Art & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Marcia Ball - 2001 - Presumed Innocent [mp3@320]

Marcia Ball

Marcia Ball in 2001

Wikipedia:
Marcia Ball (born March 20, 1949, Orange, Texas) is an American blues singer and pianist who was raised in Vinton, Louisiana.
She was described in USA Today as "a sensation, saucy singer and superb pianist... where Texas stomp-rock and Louisiana blues-swamp meet." The Boston Globe described her music as "an irresistible celebratory blend of rollicking, two-fisted New Orleans piano, Louisiana swamp rock and smoldering Texas blues from a contemporary storyteller."

Presumed Innocent

Artist: Marcia Ball
Title: Presumed Innocent
Producer: Marcia Ball
Release Date: April 24, 2001
Label: Alligator Records
Catalog: ALCD 4879
ASIN: B00005B1DL
Genre: Blues, Piano Blues, Electric Texas Blues, Swamp Blues
Duration: 52:53

Wikipedia:
Presumed Innocent is the 2001 breakthrough album of Marcia Ball. It spent seven months on the Billboard blues chart and won the 2002 W.C. Handy Blues Award for Blues Album of the Year.

AllMusic Review by Hal Horowitz:
Those looking for blues, R&B, rootsy rock & roll, gospel-tinged ballads, loungy supper club jazz, and boogie-woogie piano pounding all led by an instantly recognizable powerhouse voice infused with gritty soul will rejoice with Marcia Ball. Although this is only her sixth album since her career shifted into high gear with 1984's Soulful Dress, Ball hits all those bases and more on her debut for Alligator. She's as comfortable with heart-wrenching lost-love songs like this album's touching "Let the Tears Roll Down" as with loose-limbed swampy piano/accordion-powered rockers such as "Louella." Her show-stopping piano virtuosity takes a back seat for the majority of this release, as Ball turns up the tough R&B heat on a cover of "Fly on the Wall" with guests Sonny Landreth on slide guitar and backing singers right out of Aretha Franklin's '60s heyday. Horns also play a large part, underpinning the Bobby "Blue" Bland-styled Crescent City soul-blues and rolling Fats Domino piano of Don Covay's "I'm Coming Down With the Blues." The opening "Scene of the Crime," powered by Gary Primich's plucky harmonica, is one of Ball's best tracks, with a snappy melody, gutsy singing, and Southern-fried R&B attack. Allen Toussaint's "You Make It Hard" finds fellow Texan Delbert McClinton on duet vocals highlighting the track's urging slow groove. Classy and subdued yet bubbling with passion, emotion, and a love of Southern-style music that explodes out of every track, with Presumed Innocent Marcia Ball has released what is arguably the finest and most inspired album of her career.

Amazon.com Review by Don McLeese:
Raised near the border of Texas and Louisiana, Marcia Ball continues to claim dual citizenship for her music, forging a rollicking roadhouse groove that has never sounded richer or more vital than it does here. With her piano style steeped in the soul of New Orleans, Ball and coproducer Doyle Bramhall enlist the Cajun accordion of Pat Breaux and the bluesy Texas bite of Pat Boyack's guitar and Gary Primich's harmonica on a collection that holds its own with the classics that inspired her. Highlights range from a duet with Delbert McClinton on Allen Toussaint's "You Make It Hard" to the supper-club sophistication of "She's So Innocent" to the album-closing homage to Huey "Piano" Smith, "You Make Me Happy." Though uptempo rhythm & blues dominates the selection, the open-hearted balladry of "Let the Tears Roll Down" and "I Have a Right to Know" brings out the best in Ball.

01. Scene of the Crime (Ball, Brutn) [3:12]
02. You Make It Hard (Toussaint) [4:01]
03. Count the Days (Foxx, Johnson, Williams) [3:29]
04. Let the Tears Roll Down (Broeke, Harris) [5:43]
05. Louella (Ball) [4:27]
06. Fly on the Wall (Barranco, Jackson) [4:22]
07. I Have the Right to Know (Burns) [4:50]
08. Thibodaux, Louisiana (Bramhall, Syler) [3:30]
09. I'm Coming Down With the Blues (Berry, Covay) [4:01]
10. Shake a Leg (Herron, Wilson) [2:57]
11. Somebody to Love (Ball) [3:34]
12. She's So Innocent (Ball) [4:55]
13. You Make Me Happy (Ball) [3:46]

Personnel:

Marcia Ball - Piano, Vocals
Doyle Bramhall - Drums, Vocals (Background)
Sonny Landreth - Slide Guitar
Riley Osbourne - Organ (Hammond)
Gary Primich - Harmonica
Mark "Kaz" Kazanoff - Sax (Baritone)
C.C. Adcock - Guitar (Rhythm)
Roscoe Beck - Bass
Don Bennett - Bass, Vocals (Background)
Chris Hunter - Drums
Derek O'Brien - Guitar
Casper Rawls - Guitar (Acoustic)
Pat Boyack - Guitar
Keith Robinson - Drums, Vocals (Background)
Brad Andrew - Sax (Tenor)
Paul Klemperer - Sax (Tenor)
Bonnie Bishop - Vocals (Background)
Pat Breaux - Accordion, Sax (Tenor)
Wayne Jackson - Trumpet
Gary Slechta - Trumpet
Dan Torosian - Sax (Tenor)
Susan Abbott - Vocals (Background)

Note:
This is not my rip
My thanks to the original uploader

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
132.31 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Marcia Ball - 2001 - Presumed Innocent [mp3@320] (Blues)