Madonna - GHV2 (Greatest Hits Volume 2) 2001 [FLAC - .cue] Dance & House

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on December 29, 2012 by proximunin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Madonna - GHV2 (Greatest Hits Volume 2) 2001 [FLAC - .cue] Dance & House (Size: 442.92 MB)
 13 Madonna - What It Feels Like For A Girl.flac30.66 MB
 12 Madonna - Don't Tell Me.flac29.15 MB
 11 Madonna - Ray Of Light (Radio Edit).flac30.28 MB
 14 Madonna - Drowned World/Substitute For Love.flac28.15 MB
 15 Madonna - Music.flac25.67 MB
 GHV2 - Greatest Hits Volume 2.log15.86 KB
 GHV2 - Greatest Hits Volume 2.cue4.7 KB
 10 Madonna - Take A Bow (Edit).flac30.95 MB
 09 Madonna - Frozen (Edit).flac30.86 MB
 04 Madonna - Secret (Edit).flac30.46 MB
 03 Madonna - Human Nature (Radio Version).flac31.21 MB
 02 Madonna - Erotica (Radio Edit).flac33.69 MB
 05 Madonna - Don't Cry For Me Argentina [Clean] (Radio Edit).flac27.64 MB
 06 Madonna - BedTime Story (Edit).flac26.18 MB
 08 Madonna - Beautiful Stranger (William Orbit Radio Edit).flac25.94 MB
 07 Madonna - The Power Of Goodbye.flac26.26 MB
 01 Madonna - Deeper And Deeper (7'' Edit).flac35.81 MB

Description

Madonna - GHV2 (Greatest Hits Volume 2) 2001

By slpr

GHV2 (an abbreviation of Greatest Hits Volume 2) is the second greatest hits compilation album by American singer-songwriter Madonna, released on November 12, 2001, by Maverick Records. It contains a collection of hits from 1992 to 2001, selected by Madonna who mentioned that she only wanted "songs that I could listen to five times in a row" included on it. It was a follow-up to The Immaculate Collection (1990) and was released to coincide with the live home video, Drowned World Tour 2001. The album did not contain any new recordings, but a promotional single "GHV2 Megamix" was released to promote it with mixes by Thunderpuss, John Rocks & Mac Quayle and Tracy Young.

The album was originally titled Greatest Hits: The Second Coming, but Madonna decided to name it change the name to GHV2 just before it was released as "it's a title you will remember" and also because of "laziness", due to the fact that she had just finished the Drowned World Tour and was about to begin filming Swept Away. Other titles considered were Hit Lady – Greatest Hits Volume 2 and The Immaculate Collection Part Deux. The compilation was released on the eleventh anniversary of The Immaculate Collection, featuring a selection of hits ranging from "Erotica" (1992) to "What It Feels Like for a Girl" (2001). Madonna felt that because it was a "greatest hits", it should only contain previously released hit songs.

In an interview with BBC's Jo Whiley, Madonna said about the selection of the GHV2 tracks, "I only wanted songs that I could listen to five times in a row." Like The Immaculate Collection, there were many other popular singles excluded. "American Pie", which was a big hit, was excluded as a "punishment", because Madonna regretted putting it on Music. "It was something a certain record company executive twisted my arm into doing, but it didn't belong on the album so now it's being punished," she said.

The cover picture is from a 2001 photo shoot for the Drowned World Tour, by Regan Cameron. The logo in the right corner says "Madonna", and "GHV2". The Japanese lettering (モヂジラミミヂ) is the result of typing the letters 'M-A-D-O-N-N-A' on an English keyboard but with the keys re-mapped to their positions on a Japanese 'kana' keyboard. It can be pronounced as "Mo-Ji-Ji-Ra-Mi-Mi-Ji" and does not mean anything in Japanese. The proper translation for Madonna is: マドンナ. "GHV2" can also be seen on the cover picture on Madonna's eye. Kevin Reagan contributed artwork to the inner sleeve. A special edition of GHV2, featuring the same track listing, but some additional artwork, was released in December 2001. Hidden in the inner sleeve album artwork of both editions of GHV2 is a quote from "Human Nature": "Express Yourself, Don't Repress Yourself."

Critical reception

The compilation received generally positive reviews. Allmusic writer Stephen Thomas Erlewine said "During the '90s, Madonna was a true album artist, even as she was making singles as tremendous as "Take a Bow," "Deeper and Deeper," "Ray of Light," "Don't Tell Me," and the non-LP "Beautiful Stranger". Taken on their own, most of these are still pretty tremendous, but tossed together on GHV2, the end result is less than the sum of its parts, even if this is a good way to get all of Madge's '90s hits at once." Robert Christgau said that "she gleans goodies from the overrated Bedtime Stories and Ray of Light, mixes in the glorious soundtrack-only "Beautiful Stranger" and the dismal soundtrack-only "Don't Cry for Me Argentina," and hands it all over to Mirwais for sonic tweaking I'm not interested enough to pin down", while calling it as "an essential package." PopMatters said "Chronological sequencing would have made it easier to follow the course of Madonna’s musical evolution. But would these changes have made GHV2 a significantly better album? Probably not. As it stands, it’s the best summary of Madonna’s second decade as a performer we’re going to get—at least until a massive box set appears.

GHV2 è il secondo greatest hits dopo The Immaculate Collection della cantante. I brani scelti sono tratti dagli album Erotica, Evita, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light e Music.

L'album non contiene alcun inedito ma è presente il brano Beautiful Stranger, inserito all'interno di un album della cantante per la prima volta. Solo a scopo promozionale sono stati realizzati il Thunderpuss Megamix, un mix di alcuni brani presenti nel Greatest Hits uniti tra di loro e remixati, Deeper And Deeper (7" Edit), Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Radio Edit) e la release di Music. È stato diffuso anche un video del Megamix in cui si mostrano degli schermi in cui vengono passati alcuni video della carriera di Madonna, tra i quali anche il video interlude di Paradise (Not For Me). Il cd promozionale del Megamix è stato reso disponibile solo per le radio.

Il cd è stato certificato dalla RIAA disco di platino, per aver venduto oltre un milione di copie negli Stati Uniti

Title: GHV2

Year: 2001

Genre : Queen Of Pop - Dance & House

Label: Maverick/Warner Bros.

Format : FLAC

Format/Info : Free Lossless Audio Codec

Overall bit rate mode : Variable

Album : GHV2 - Greatest Hits Volume 2

Track name/Total : 15 / 15

Performer : Madonna

Composer : Shep Pettibone/T. Shimkin

Recorded date : 2001

Writing application : X Lossless Decoder 20121222

Channel(s) : 2 channels (Stereo)

Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz

Bit depth : 16 bits

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
442.92 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Madonna - GHV2 (Greatest Hits Volume 2) 2001 [FLAC - .cue] Dance & House

All Comments

ma lo so... ovvio che non metto nessun link ad altre board... se vedi ho messo anche altre 2 mie release qui... caricando il mio torrent...
potevi almeno citare il releaser....
Il releaser sei tu, ma ricorda che non vogliono link che puntano sulla release originale come negli altri siti.