Luther Allison - 2010 - Songs From The Road (CD+DVD ISO) [EAC FLAC] (Happy Torrents Day 2016)

seeders: 1
leechers: 21
Added on March 30, 2016 by miok2cupin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Luther Allison - 2010 - Songs From The Road (CD+DVD ISO) [EAC FLAC] (Happy Torrents Day 2016) (Size: 4.79 GB)
 Luther Allison - 2010 - Songs From The Road (CD+DVD ISO) [EAC FLAC].txt4.4 KB
 Back.jpg1.23 MB
 Booklet 01.jpg1.81 MB
 Booklet 02.jpg2.25 MB
 CD.jpg792.71 KB
 Front.jpg919.1 KB
 Luther.jpg1.76 MB
 matrix.jpg464.61 KB
 tray.jpg1.57 MB
 1.jpg68.27 KB
 Folder.auCDtect.txt1.23 KB
 Luther Allison - Songs From The Road [Ruf Rec. 1157].accurip472 bytes
 Luther Allison - Songs From The Road [Ruf Rec. 1157].cue1.27 KB
 Luther Allison - Songs From The Road [Ruf Rec. 1157].log2.55 KB
 01 - Cancel My Check.flac46.21 MB
 02 - Living In The House Of The Blues.flac43.54 MB
 03 - What Have I Done Wrong.flac54.11 MB
 04 - Will It Ever Change.flac47.41 MB
 05 - You Can, You Can.flac31.17 MB
 06 - There Comes A Time.flac71.48 MB
 07 - (Watching You) Cherry Red Wine.flac78.93 MB
 08 - Low Down And Dirty.flac34.51 MB
 09 - It Hurts Me Too.flac52.91 MB
 10 - Serious.flac21.94 MB
 Luther Allison - Songs From The Road.iso4.3 GB

Description

Happy Torrents Day 2016!

imageRipped from original CD with Exact Audio Copy. image
Art, cue sheet & Rip log included. All tracks are Properly tagged with art embedded in tag.

Luther Allison

2010 - Songs From The Road

CD + DVD ISO) [EAC FLAC]

Luther Allison

Luther Allison at the 1996 Riverwalk Blues Festival

Wikipedia:
Luther Allison (August 17, 1939 – August 12, 1997) was an American blues guitarist. He was born in Widener, Arkansas, and moved with his family to Chicago in 1951. He taught himself guitar and began listening to blues extensively. Three years later he began hanging around outside blues nightclubs with the hopes of being invited to perform. He played with Howlin' Wolf's band and backed James Cotton.

Songs From The Road

Artist: Luther Allison
Title: Songs From The Road
Format: CD, DVD Video
Release Date: February 9, 2010
Label: Ruf Records
Catalog: RUF 1157
ASIN: B002TQ3O38
Genre: Blues, Chicago Blues, Modern Electric Blues
Duration: [CD 71:52] [DVD 56:00]

Recorded at one of Luther's last performances at the Montreal International Jazz Festival on July 4, 1997.
Along with the live recording of Allison’s performance at the Montreal Jazz Festival, the DVD release also includes a brief documentary on Allison, as well as a lengthy interview. The documentary and interview show Allison speaking about the blues and even his brand (he often refers to himself in the third person) with as much passion as he exerted on stage.

AllMusic Review by Rick Anderson:
The great blues singer and guitarist Luther Allison died in August of 1997, just a month after being diagnosed with a malignant lung tumor. Four days prior to that diagnosis, he played a blistering show in Montreal; it was filmed for later airplay on Canadian television, and most of the show is captured on this very fine CD/DVD set (several of the songs not included on the CD are covered on the DVD and vice-versa). The bitter irony is obvious here -- Allison is at the peak of his powers, and yet at the same time, it could be said that he's playing like a man with only weeks to live. The urgency and fire of his playing and singing on numbers like his slide showcase "It Hurts Me Too," and the powerfully swinging, barrelhouse blues of "Will It Ever Change" and "You Can, You Can" would put musicians half his age to shame. But what really sets him apart is the relentlessly positive nature of his message: whether preaching social uplift on "Move from the Hood" or entreating a reluctant lover on "You Can, You Can," Allison always seems to be encouraging and exhorting more than pleading or bemoaning. His "talking guitar" shtick is charming, his slide playing is beautifully greasy, and the gleeful disregard with which he struts back and forth over the lines that separate the blues from R&B and rock is inspiring. Songs from the Road is a bittersweet but more than welcome look back at one of America's lost musical treasures.

Amazon.com Review:
With this DVD/CD set, Allison lives on, as he tears through the songs with the single-minded desire to give everything he has to his audience. While listening to the album, fans can immerse themselves in the explosive power of Allison's music and experience the redemptive force of his legendary performances. Performers include: Luther Allison: lead guitar, vocals; James Solberg: rhythm & lead guitar; Mike Vlahakis: keyboards; Ken Faltinson: bass; Robb Stupka: drums; and Memphis Horns (Wayne Jackson, Andrew Love).

Editorial Reviews:

"Fever and chills performances ... ferocious solos combine the wisdom of a master storyteller with the elegance of B.B. King, the elasticity of Buddy Guy, and the big sting of Albert King." -- Guitar Player

"Guitarist Luther Allison's ... electric Chicago blues and electrifying marathon concerts made him a music legend." -- MN Blues

"Nothing short of a masterpiece by a master." -- Blues Revue

"Reckless in the best sense of the word, dancing on a razor's edge, remaining just this side of out-of-control. Hard-driving, piercing West Side Chicago single-note leads with a soul base and a rock edge." -- Guitar World

CD:

01 - Cancel My Check - 6:41
02 - Living In The House Of The Blues - 6:38
02 - What Have I Done Wrong - 8:03
04 - Will It Ever Change - 7:04
05 - You Can, You Can - 4:30
06 - There Comes A Time - 11:01
07 - (Watching You) Cherry Red Wine - 4:30
08 - Low Down And Dirty - 4:49
09 - It Hurts Me Too - 7:51
10 - Serious - 3:18

DVD:

01 - Cancel My Check
02 - Living In The House Of The Blues
03 - You Can, You Can
04 - (Watching You) Cherry Red Wine
05 - Low Down And Dirty
06 - It Hurts Me Too
07 - Move From The Hood

♪♬♫ ENJOY! ♪♬♫

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
4.79 GB
seeders:1
leechers:21
Luther Allison - 2010 - Songs From The Road (CD+DVD ISO) [EAC FLAC] (Happy Torrents Day 2016)