Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English Workbook - pdf [a0b10c110]

seeders: 20
leechers: 3
Added on September 18, 2015 by a0b10c110in Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English Workbook - pdf [a0b10c110] (Size: 13.84 MB)
 Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English Workbook.pdf13.8 MB
 Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English Workbook - cover.jpg35.33 KB
 Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English Workbook - info.txt1.99 KB

Description

Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English Workbook

Product Details

Language: English
ISBN-10: 0582539420
ISBN-13: 978-0582539426

The "Longman Grammar of Spoken and Written English" is a revolutionary, corpus-based reference grammar of English, based on a groundbreaking research project to analyze the ways in which English grammar is really used. The book looks at four text types "conversation, fiction, news reportage, and academic prose" and reports statistical findings as well as examining the reasons that condition a particular grammatical choice. Encompasses a six-year research project into the ways in which language is really used. Reveals which structures, tenses, and lexical choices occur, and how their distribution differs in different text types. Analyzes natural language in each chapter, based on analysis of the real everyday conversations in the Longman Spoken American Corpus and the British National Corpus. Contains over 350 tables and graphs that show the frequency of constructions across different registers, from conversation to fiction to academic prose. "

About the Author

Douglas Biber is Professor of Applied Linguistics (English Department) at Northern Arizona University. His books and articles deal with language use in spoken and written discourse.

Reviews

This book is the sole reason I am able to comprehend the dense grammar course I am currently taking with my extremely knowledgable professor. The master's grammar course is intended to instruct university ESL instructors, some English speakers who have never taken a grammar course since grade school. The course is jam-packed with information at a fast pace. This workbook has been a lifesaver because it courages lecture material application.

This makes sense of the textbook if you do the exercises. However, I just wish in general the authors had a better sense of organization. The chapters presented in both books seem random. However, there is good information mixed in for those willing to dig.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
13.84 MB
seeders:20
leechers:3
Longman Student Grammar of Spoken and Written English Workbook - pdf [a0b10c110]

All Comments

A wonderful gift - Thanks :)
Thank you.