Live - Secret Samadhi 320cbr (Big Papi) 1997

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on November 8, 2013 by SirSeedsAlotin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Live - Secret Samadhi 320cbr (Big Papi) 1997 (Size: 122.81 MB)
 01 Live - Rattlesnake.mp311.18 MB
 02 Live - Lakini's Juice.mp311.46 MB
 03 Live - Graze.mp312.99 MB
 04 Live - Century.mp37.77 MB
 05 Live - Ghost.mp314.53 MB
 06 Live - Unsheathed.mp38.32 MB
 07 Live - Insomnia and the Hole in the Universe.mp39.26 MB
 08 Live - Turn My Head.mp39.1 MB
 09 Live - Heropsychodreamer.mp36.45 MB
 10 Live - Freaks.mp311.14 MB
 11 Live - Merica.mp37.74 MB
 12 Live - Gas Hed Goes West.mp312.84 MB
 Big Papi.nfo4.01 KB
 Cover.jpg14.9 KB
 Secret Samadhi.cue1.82 KB
 Secret Samadhi.log8.56 KB

Description

Source: 1997 CD

By Jason F
This CD is somewhat of an enigma, I must say. For me, the critical backlash it recieved is almost as interesting as the music itself. I read somewhere Live expected the album to do as well as Throwing Copper did, and while after listening to Samadhi several times I have a good understanding why it didn't pull such numbers, I do not, at ALL, understand how the album recieved far-and-wide poor reviews and had such a staggering decline in sales.
Like so many others have stated here, this is no Throwing Copper. It's far rougher around the edges, the guitars are more distorted, the melodies far edgier and the lyrics don't seem to have the same spiritual/emotional touch that TC had. In short, it's a far darker, more brooding album. It's also a much more jagged album; the songs don't blend together seamlessly like Live's previous album, the the whole seems a lot less coherent. All that said, it still makes for quite a listen.

OK... The first time I listened to Samadhi, my mind shouted "What is THIS?!". A total shock to my system, musically yes, but all that stood out on the initial listen was the lyrics. They sounded trite, ridiculous, unbelievably awful. I'll just say this -- they still do little for me, and where as I find myself understanding and connecting with much of Ed's lyrics on TC, I'm pretty much wholly disconnected from the lyrical nature of Samadhi. So be it.

Musically is where this album shines. "Lakini's Juice" drives harder than any song on TC; likewise "Turn My Head" -- a GORGEOUS, HAUNTING song (note the capitals are there for a reason) that will stand the test of time -- makes the album worth owning by its lone self.
If you're a fan of Live or alternative music, I find it hard to believe you'd be genuinely disappointed with Secret Samadhi like so many seemed to be. It's far better than you probably think.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
122.81 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Live - Secret Samadhi 320cbr (Big Papi) 1997