Lightnin' Malcolm Renegade (2011)(blues)(flac)[rogercc][h33t]

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on September 1, 2011 by rogerccin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Lightnin' Malcolm Renegade (2011)(blues)(flac)[rogercc][h33t] (Size: 298.06 MB)
 01 Ain't Even Worried.flac19.42 MB
 02 Stop Fightin' Over Me.flac16.43 MB
 03 Renegade.flac21.2 MB
 04 So Many Women.flac31.7 MB
 05 Guilty Man.flac23.23 MB
 06 My Lyin' Ass.flac19.02 MB
 07 Last Nite I Held An Angel.flac24.51 MB
 08 Precious Jewel.flac25.7 MB
 09 Come Go With Me.flac22.92 MB
 10 North Mississippi.flac25.08 MB
 11 Foxfire Ranch.flac24.84 MB
 12 Tell You Girl.flac22.96 MB
 13 You Better Recognize.flac21.02 MB
 Front.jpg33.62 KB
 Lightnin' Malcolm - Renegade.m3u329 bytes
 renegade.cue2.13 KB

Description

LITTLE MALCOLM RENEGADE
Label: Ruf
Released: 2011
Format:Flac

Renegade is the Ruf Records label solo debut from Lightnin’ Malcolm — the Mississippi Hill Country blues guitarist. It’s a combination of his hill country inspired guitar and Cameron Kimbrough’s drumming. Together, they create a formidable blues duo. The album could benefit from a more varied choice of songs (there is a bit of repetition to the tracks), but in terms of laying down some classic performances, the album is a success. Lightnin’ has a rough, tenacious tone and he weaves some spellbinding melodies. He is a master at letting the groove in a song find itself.
One highlight on the album, “North Mississippi”, displays Lightnin’s truly “renegade” spirit. He may embody the renegade spirit (with a rap verse section), but he also adheres to time tested blues tradition while sharing his reverence for the place that inspires his music. The very welcome addition of a horn section adds to the feel-good groove. The rest of the songs are equally imaginative in the way they enlargen the blues genre.
Renegade is fused with elements of funk, reggae, soul, and rock, and consists of 13 tracks, of which 12 are all new original songs written and produced by Lightnin’ Malcolm. Renegade is mainly a duo collaboration with Lightnin’ Malcolm in addition to Vocals, also playing Guitar, Drums, and Bass, and Cameron Kimbrough playing Drums. The album also features Jim Spake (Baritone Sax), David McKnight (Tenor Sax), and Nahshon Benford (Trumpet). Other Special Guests include Nadirah Shakoor, J. Grubbz, Rosalind Wilcox, Dave Hererro, and Lucero (Horns).

Tracklist
01 Ain't Even Worried
02 Stop Fightin' Over Me.
03 Renegade.
04 So Many Women.
05 Guilty Man.
06 My Lyin' Ass.
07 Last Nite I Held An Angel
08 Precious Jewel.
09 Come Go With Me.
10 North Mississippi.
11 Foxfire Ranch.