Learn German - The fast and funny way - pdf

seeders: 18
leechers: 6
Added on August 21, 2014 by a0b10c110in Books > Academic
Torrent verified.

Learn German - The fast and funny way - pdf (Size: 16.31 MB)
 Learn German - The fast and funny way - pdf.pdf16.3 MB
 Learn German - The fast and funny way - cover.jpg10.22 KB
 Learn German - The fast and funny way - info.txt2.86 KB

Description

Learn German the Fast and Fun Way

Product Details

Series: Barron's Fast and Fun Way Language Series
Audio Cassette
Publisher: Barrons Educ Series Inc Audio; Cas & Book edition (July 1997)
Language: German
ISBN-10: 0764170244
ISBN-13: 978-0764170249

Editorial Reviews

It’s easy... It’s practical... It’s fun!

In just minutes a day, you’ll pick up the language you need for most everyday situations—from meeting and greeting people to asking directions and handling simple business transactions. You’ll learn the basic vocabulary for: introductions * finding your way * entertainment * dining * shopping * banking * using the telephone and mail services * medical help and emergencies

Plus: days of the week * months * seasons * weather * time * numbers * basic grammar * even a guide to road signs!

Most Helpful Customer Reviews

I am a native German speaker who used this for a continuing education course at the local community college. I chose it because it did seem at first to be perfect. However, some things I found were:

The author seems to have rather many Austrian expressions as opposed to standard German. Other than Austrian expressions, there are words I never heard of and would not use in modern German conversation. I noted also that past and future tenses were not addressed. I will not use it for beginners again.

This is a pretty good book, for the price. It has useful language themes (travel situations, practical things) and many good sample dialogs to model your language use on. The layout is visually appealing. Its coverage of grammar is a bit skimpy. Yes, it's very simple, but they may have gone too far. There is no grammar index so it's hard to locate various grammatical explanations. The past verb tenses are not explained in the book, which I think is a deficiency. There are a few typos, too.

There are a variety of basic german books and book/tape combinations available for the person who wants to learn a bit of the language primarily for travel purposes, i.e., shopping, eating out, making hotel reservations, etc. This seems to me to be one of the best of that genre. I'm not quite sure why, but it seemed to work better for me than any of the others of this ilk. The text is nicely done with amusing illustrations; and, more importantly, the exercises and tapes seem to go a long way to achieiving their desired end of teaching and implanting a bit of German. For the person who wants more than a smattering of German, may I recommend the other Barron's course, Mastering German (the old Foreign Service Insititute course) and the Berlitz, Think and Talk German, both of which are superb, but rather more demanding and pricey than any "tourist" course.

About the author Paul G. Graves

Paul G. Graves is a published author. Some of the published credits of Paul G. Graves include Learn German the Fast and Fun Way (Fast and Fun Way Series).

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
16.31 MB
seeders:18
leechers:6
Learn German - The fast and funny way - pdf