Lao-tzu's Taoteching translated by Red Pine (203p) [Anomolous].pdf

seeders: 22
leechers: 9
Added on February 9, 2015 by Anomolousin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Lao-tzu's Taoteching translated by Red Pine (203p) [Anomolous].pdf (Size: 93.83 MB)
 Lao-tzu's Taoteching translated by Red Pine (203p) [Anomolous].pdf93.83 MB

Description

Paperback: 200 pages
Publisher: Copper Canyon Press; 3rd Revised edition (November 1, 2009)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1556592906
ISBN-13: 978-1556592904

I've been reading translations of the Taoteching since I was twelve years old. No text has resonated more with my intimate experience of the natural world. In the verses of the Taoteching I found a philosophy that matched the depth and wonder I experienced while wandering for uncounted hours through the countryside of my boyhood home. Red Pine revised in 2009 his translation of this ancient text, and what a revision! The small changes in phrasing throughout the text further clarify the spirit of the Taoteching and lend a universal resonance.

As every reader of Lao Tzu's magnum opus is well aware, there is perhaps no other work produced by the human mind which has appeared in as many translations, quasi-translations, pseudo-translations, non-translations and mistranslations as Lao Tzu's Tao Te Ching. Why then, the reader will wonder, do we need yet another? Because, with the possible exception of Prof. Mair's excellent rendering, there is none other comparable to this one. Red Pine is no dabbler in these matters. A quick reading of the Introduction (which, with its photographs is itself worth the price of the book) should convince the reader of that. But the book offers even more than a lucid translation of the ancient classic (and it IS a translation, not a paraphrase of someone else's): there is a bonus on every page, a judicious selection of commentaries from ancient writers, who have interpreted the verses, and have found in them a source of inspiration which readers have acknowledged over the past two millennia. If you decide to buy only one translation of Tao Te Ching, you won't be disappointed if this is the one you choose

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
93.83 MB
seeders:22
leechers:9