Kenny G - Breathless [mp3 320][h33t][schon55]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on May 5, 2008 by in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Kenny G - Breathless [mp3 320][h33t][schon55] (Size: 162.05 MB)
 03 Kenny G Breathless_In The Rain.mp311.56 MB
 04 Kenny G Breathless_Sentimental.mp315.2 MB
 05 Kenny G Breathless_By The Time This Night is Over.mp311.01 MB
 06 Kenny G Breathless_End Of The Night.mp312.4 MB
 07 Kenny G Breathless_Alone.mp312.51 MB
 08 Kenny G Breathless_Morning.mp312.09 MB
 09 Kenny G Breathless_Even If My Heart Would Break.mp311.51 MB
 10 Kenny G Breathless_G-Bop.mp39.48 MB
 11 Kenny G Breathless_Sister Rose.mp314.37 MB
 12 Kenny G Breathless_A Year Ago.mp312.19 MB
 13 Kenny G Breathless_Homeland.mp310.53 MB
 14 Kenny G Breathless_The Wedding Song.mp37.69 MB
 01 Kenny G Breathless_The Joy of Life.mp310.02 MB
 02 Kenny G Breathless_Forever In Love.mp311.49 MB
 tracked_by_h33t_com.txt0 bytes
 Breathless Info.txt4.41 KB

Description

Kenny G - Breathless

Audio CD (November 17, 1992)

Original Release Date: November 17, 1992

Label: Arista

Bitrate: 320 kb/s

"Kenny was born in Seattle, Washington, and first came into contact with a saxophone when he heard someone performing with one on The Ed Sullivan Show. He learned how to play under the direction of local trumpeter Gerald Pfister and by practicing along with records (mostly of Grover Washington, Jr.), trying to emulate the sounds that he was hearing. At Franklin High School he failed to get into the jazz band when he applied, although was accepted the following year when he tried again. He also played for his high school golf team, a sport which he had loved ever since his older brother, Brian Gorelick, introduced it to him when he was ten years old. Brian Gorelick is currently a music professor and choir conductor at Wake Forest University."

"Kenny G has long been the musician many jazz listeners love to hate. A phenomenally successful instrumentalist whose recordings make the pop charts, Kenny G's sound has been a staple on adult contemporary and smooth jazz radio stations since the mid-'80s, making him a household name. Kenny G is a fine player with an attractive sound (influenced a bit by Grover Washington, Jr.) who often caresses melodies, putting a lot of emotion into his solos. Because he does not improvise much (sticking mostly to predictable melody statements), his music largely falls outside of jazz. However, because he is listed at the top of "contemporary jazz" charts and is identified with jazz in the minds of the mass public, he is classified as jazz. "

"Kenny Gorelick started playing professionally with Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra in 1976. He recorded with Cold, Bold & Together (a Seattle-based funk group) and freelanced locally. After graduating from the University of Washington, Kenny G worked with Jeff Lorber Fusion, making two albums with the group. Soon he was signed to Arista, recording his debut as a leader in 1982. His fourth album, Duotones (which included the very popular "Songbird"), made him into a star. Soon he was in demand for guest appearances on recordings of such famous singers as Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, and Natalie Cole. Kenny G's own records have sold remarkably well, particularly Breathless, which has easily topped eight million copies in the U.S.; his total album sales top 30 million copies. 1994's holiday album Miracles and 1996's Moment continued the momentum of his massive commercial success. He also recorded his own version of the Celine Dion/Titanic smash "My Heart Will Go On" in 1998, but the following year he released Classics in the Key of G, a collection of jazz standards like "'Round Midnight" and "Body & Soul," possibly to reclaim some jazz credibility.Born Kenneth Gorelick, Kenny G is probably the best known American saxophonist. He rose to fame in the 1980s, and has gone places no other jazz musician has gone - in 2003, Kenny G was named the 25th-highest selling artist in America by the RIAA! Some dislike what he has done in the name of jazz, but it is hard to argue with success. "

In fact, I love the smooth sound of Kenny G, and like this album immensely. Probably my favorite song on the album is his wonderful Forever In Love. Overall, I think that this is a great album. If you like the smooth jazzy sound of Kenny G, you'll like this CD. I highly recommend it! ~ Kurt A. Johnson

I walked down the aisle to "Forever in Love" instead of the traditional wedding march and used many other songs on the "tape" at the time - I bought the Cd so we would have a better copy for our upcoming 12th anniversary - this collection will always be a treasured memory and timeless selections of wonderful romantic and peaceful music. Always treasured, Kenny G ~ PinkLady

Personnel:

Dean Parks

Paulinho Da Costa - percussion

Michael Thompson - guitar

Kenny G - soprano saxophone, various instruments, drum programming

John Robinson - drums

Walter Afanasieff - various instruments, keyboards, synthesizer bass, programming

Dan Shea - keyboards, synthesizer bass, programming

Portia Griffin

Lynn Davis

Phillip Ingram

01 The Joy Of Life

02 Forever In Love

03 In The Rain Kenny

04 Sentimental

05 By The Time This Night Is Over

06 End Of The Night

07 Alone

08 Morning