Joni Mitchell - The Hissing Of Summer Lawns 4.0 to 5.1 DTS(SBU)

seeders: 2
leechers: 2
Added on August 25, 2012 by rmsk8rin Music
Torrent verified.

Joni Mitchell - The Hissing Of Summer Lawns 4.0 to 5.1 DTS(SBU) (Size: 430.21 MB)
 Joni Mitchell - The Hissing Of Summer Lawns 4.0 to 5.1 DTS(SBU).wav430.21 MB
 Joni Mitchell - The Hissing Of Summer Lawns 4.0 to 5.1 DTS(SBU).cue935 bytes
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.me.txt46 bytes

Description

Artist: Joni Mitchell
Album: The Hissing Of Summer Lawns
Format: 5.1 DTS CD
Source: DVDA made from ??
Upmixing Method: SurroundByUs.com
Distribution: torrent

The source for this was a DVDA. The creator of the DVDA did not identify the quad souce but it must have been either Q8 or CD4 as those are the only formats this was released on.

The Quad mix is somewhat unusual in that Joni's lead vocal is in all 4 channels at the same volume. This doesn't make for very natural or pleasent sounding surround (IMHO). Using the SBU tools I was able to remove her vocal from the corners and place it in the center channel where, in modern surround systems, it belongs.

If you would prefer the Quad DVDA get your russian dictionary out and search on rutracker.org.

One other comment on the source, this is not the most pristine Joni mix I've heard (that would be court and spark or night ride home) as there are the ocassional tape saturated sounds at the very loudest vocal notes. Not at all noticable at non loud rock listening levels. Still one of my favorite albums and I especially wanted to convert this to 5.1 to get the vocal into the center channel.

Enjoy

DTS-CD info:

This is a 5.1 DTS encoded cd. You burn it just like any other cd (wav and cue file included) but it requires a DTS decoder to playback. Otherwise you will just get a blast of noise (un-decoded DTS)!

Some instructions here: http://www.surroundbyus.com/sbu/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15

The short version is you play this in CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, or Game Console, with a DIGITAL connection (SPDIF or HDMI) to a Receiver with a DTS decoder. For DVD, Blu-Ray, Game Console, some settings may be necessary to ensure 44.1 Khz audio is BIT STREAMED to your receiver.

Some software players, such as foobar2000, can also be taught to play back DTS CDs or the included DTS encoded wav and cue files.

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
430.21 MB
seeders:2
leechers:2
Joni Mitchell - The Hissing Of Summer Lawns 4.0 to 5.1 DTS(SBU)