Johnny Winter Woodstock Experience(rock blues)(flac)[rogercc][h33t]

seeders: 5
leechers: 0
Added on January 15, 2012 by rogerccin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Johnny Winter Woodstock Experience(rock blues)(flac)[rogercc][h33t] (Size: 623.84 MB)
 01 - Mama, Talk To Your Daughter.flac34.66 MB
 02 - Leland Mississippi Blues.flac33.47 MB
 03 - Mean Town Blues.flac69.31 MB
 04 - You done lost your good thing now.flac94.39 MB
 05 - I Can't Stand It (with Edgar Winter).flac38.97 MB
 06 - Tobacco Road (with Edgar Winter).flac62.24 MB
 07 - Tell The Truth (with Edgar Winter).flac43.91 MB
 08 - Johnny B. Goode.flac37.18 MB
 folder.summary3.83 KB
 Johnny Winter - The Woodstock Experience.log3.27 KB
 The Woodstock Experience.cue1.58 KB
 01 - I'm Yours And I'm Hers.flac28.31 MB
 02 - Be Careful With A Fool.flac32.85 MB
 03 - Dallas.flac15.33 MB
 04 - Mean Mistreater.flac22.54 MB
 05 - Leland Mississippi Blues.flac21.41 MB
 06 - Good Morning Little Schoolgirl.flac17.18 MB
 07 - When You Got A Good Friend.flac21.82 MB
 08 - I'll Drown In My Tears.flac27.75 MB
 09 - Back Door Friend.flac16.82 MB
 folder.summary4.1 KB
 Johnny Winter - Johnny Winter.log3.56 KB
 Johnny Winter.cue1.63 KB

Description

JOHNNY WINTER WOODSTOCK EXPERIENCE
Label: Sony Legacy
Released: 2009
Format: Flac

Disc: 1

Disc 1 was originally released as “ Johnny Winter” on CBS Label
Sony Legacy's remastered and expanded reissue of Johnny Winter's self-produced debut album for Columbia records-recorded in 1969-is nothing short of a revelation. Unlike his most of his peers who purposefully wed blues to rock that made it palatable to pop audiences, Winter's approach to the blues was pure and savage. He approached rock and roll from the heart of the blues. His guitar tone was like barbed wire dipped in lighter fluid and was as precise as a stiletto. On this recording and Second Winter Johnny played the blues pure and simple,. Whether it was the stinging raucous Delta music as played acoustically on "Dallas," or his savage electric attack, on "Mean Mistreater," "Be Careful With a Fool," or on Good Mornin' Little Schoolgirl'-complete with horns and piano by brother Edgar-Winter's blues were easily separated from the masses. His uncompromising completely mythical and romantic fascination with the music was propulsive and profound. A listen to "Leland Mississippi Blues," or the strolling tough National Steel blues of "If You've Got A Friend," give as complete a portrait as is necessary of a man who not only came out of the Texas blues tradition, but extended the whole Southern legacy and brought it deep into mainstream American culture while employing and paying homage to its creators-Willie Dixon plays bass on this record! Containing five bonus tracks, this is one of the most welcome reissues in the blues canon to come down the pipe in quite a while, and if there is one Johnny Winter recording to own, it should be this one. Thom Jurek

Tracklist:
1. I'm Yours And I'm Hers
2. Be Careful With A Fool
3. Dallas
4. Mean Mistreater
5. Leland Mississippi Blues
6. Good Morning Little School Girl
7. When You Got A Good Friend
8. I'll Drown In My Own Tears
9. Back Door Friend

Personnel:
Johnny Winter - Guitar, Vocals
"Uncle" John Turner - percussion
Tommy Shannon - bass
Willie Dixon - acoustic bass
Walter "Shakey" Horton - harp
Karl Garin - trumpets
Stephen Ralph Sefsik - alt sax
A.Wynn Butler - tenor sax
Norman Ray - bariton sax
Edgar Winter - piano
Carrie Hossel, Peggy Bowers, Elsie Senter - background vocals

Disc: 2

Because of bad weather and scheduling , Johnny Winter only had the opportunity to perform eight songs at the Woodstock Festival, his set comprised of a couple of original songs and the rest inspired covers, with only "Leland Mississippi Blues" included from the debut album. The band kicks off the festivities with a smokin' version of J.B. Lenoir's "Mama, Talk To Your Daughter," Winter's raw vocals matched by his slash-and-burn guitar. Winter's original "Mean Town Blues" showcases his Texas-bred bottleneck blues guitar style, the sound jumping off the stage and grabbing listeners by the ears.
Brother Edgar Winter joined the band on the Woodstock stage for a rollicking cover of Bo Diddley's "I Can't Stand It," the song's early-rock roots augmented by a sultry R&B groove. The rough-edged, white-trash anthem "Tobacco Road" would become best known as performed by Edgar Winter, and the two brothers crank out a soulful, dirty take of it here, with great staccato vocals, fluid keyboard-bashing, and subtle but powerful slashes of guitar. Winter's cover of Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode" would become one of his audiences favorites in the years to follow, here it's a runaway freight-train of flying notes, crashing drumbeats, and jackhammer bass lines.

1. Mama, Talk To Your Daughter (Recorded Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair,Sunday,August 17,1969)(Previously unreleased)
2. Leland Mississippi Blues (Recorded Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair,Sunday,August 17,1969)(Previously unreleased)
3. Mean Town Blues(Recorded Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair,Sunday,August 17,1969)
4. You Done Lost Your Good Thing Now (Recorded Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair,Sunday,August 17,1969)(Previously unreleased)
5. I Can't Stand It (with Edgar Winter)(Recorded Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair,Sunday,August 17,1969)(Previously unreleased)
6. Tobacco Road (with Edgar Winter)(Recorded Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair,Sunday,August 17,1969)(Previously unreleased)
7. Tell The Truth (with Edgar Winter)(Recorded Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair,Sunday,August 17,1969)(Previously unreleased)
8. Johnny B. Goode (Recorded Live At The Woodstock Music & Art Fair,Sunday,August 17,1969)

Personnel:
- Johnny Winter - guitar, vocals
- Tommy Shannon - bass
- Uncle John Turner - percussion
- Edgar Winter - keyboards, vocals

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
623.84 MB
seeders:5
leechers:0
Johnny Winter Woodstock Experience(rock blues)(flac)[rogercc][h33t]

All Comments