John Mayer - Room for Squares [Jazz R&B][mp3 320][h33t][schon55]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on June 30, 2008 by in Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

John Mayer - Room for Squares [Jazz R&B][mp3 320][h33t][schon55] (Size: 124.29 MB)
 01 John Mayer Room for Squares No Such Thing.mp38.83 MB
 02 John Mayer Room for Squares Why Georgia.mp310.26 MB
 03 John Mayer Room for Squares My Stupid Mouth.mp38.58 MB
 04 John Mayer Room for Squares Your Body Is a Wonderland.mp39.52 MB
 05 John Mayer Room for Squares Neon.mp39.99 MB
 06 John Mayer Room for Squares City Love.mp39.16 MB
 07 John Mayer Room for Squares 83.mp311.09 MB
 08 John Mayer Room for Squares 3X5.mp311.07 MB
 09 John Mayer Room for Squares Love Song for No One.mp37.69 MB
 10 John Mayer Room for Squares Back to You.mp39.21 MB
 11 John Mayer Room for Squares Great Indoors.mp38.25 MB
 12 John Mayer Room for Squares Not Myself.mp38.4 MB
 14 John Mayer Room for Squares St. Patrick's Day.mp312.24 MB
 John Mayer - Room for Squares Info.txt5.48 KB
 tracked_by_h33t_com.txt23 bytes

Description

John Mayer - Room for Squares

Audio CD (September 18, 2001)

Original Release Date: September 18, 2001 Number of Discs: 1

Label: Sony, Pop

Bitrate: 320 kbps

We all go through those periods when we look at our entire CD collection and say "YUCK!". After that we say a silent prayer to the CD god to send us a new album to renew our faith in music. John Mayer's ROOM FOR SQUARES hits the spot! You'll be listening to his inner heart with every track. God bless this guy's parents. They did a wonderful job! As a songwriter, John has a very unique perspective. I can only compare it to Dar Williams in that it's a hybrid or worldly wisdom and childlike innocence. It's as though he's experiencing everything he's writing about for the first time and he's thrilled with the new discoveries. The consistency is pretty solid too. Each track is well polished and beautifully worded.

His sound is that of shimmering pop, without the computers. His melodies are graceful and catchy as all get out. His voice has a similar timbre as Dave Matthews but (with all due respect) his falsetto is far better. There's a clarity in John's voice that I don't experience in Dave's either. The tones are both fun and reflective. Great album to clean your house to on a Saturday!

By buying this album you're basically purchasing the diary of a bright eyed boy looking at the world through newly acquired adult eyes. It's positively enchanting. ~ T. S. Potter

John Mayer has a voice that captures the sultry sound of Seal and recalls the crisp rhythyms of Dave Matthews. Take a listen to this CD and you will notice the influence of many genres and musicians: jazz, blues, R&B as well as rock. Mayers muisc is mellow enough to listen to when you are working and up enough that you will find yourself dancing in your chair without realizing it. He is a classic songwriter... in what is a nice contrast to much of the mainstream music, his lyrics are not a streaming jumble of verbiage leaving you nothing but a vague sense of frustration, but words to relate to. His songs are truly artistic and expressive, showcasing the sometimes meloncholic beauty of life. His subject matter is of a wandering soul, for whom every experience is a new one. I could have skipped "No Such Thing" because I twitch whenever I hear the words "high school" but his point is a good one- draw your own lines, there is no real world. Likewise, all his songs are effective at delivering a message. In the catchy "Why Georgia" the message is a question we all ask, Where am I going? Life, "am I living it right"? Ever say something you wish you could take back? Johns answer is "My Stupid Mouth". If you are a woman, you wish you were facing Johns singing, "Your Body Is A Wonderland" (me, personally, I'm jealous of whoever that might be). You'd swear you've had "Neon" in your collection forever, with a natural melody and an R&B/jazz feel that will have you singing along. If you can't relate to these songs, you just aren't human... "City Love" conveys the excitement of a new relationship, "83"- stolen innocence, "3x5"- a long distance relationship, "St. Patricks Day"- overrated singlehood and the dating scene. "Great Indoors" is Mayers version of yelling, 'Carpe Diem!' as well as suggesting we look inside ourselves. I did. Hearing one song, "Love Song For No One", made me buy this album... I recommend you do the same.

If you like Train, Dave Matthews, Peter Gabriel, Sister Hazel or Seal, there is very good chance you will like this CD. And it will definitely leave you with a smile. ~ J. Wingard

"Editor" Rickey Wright's review of John Mayer's debut CD "Room for Squares" is not only invalid but rather incoherent as well. Wright seems to be one of the many who worship Dave Matthews as the beginning and end of music as we know it. His rambling seems to be more a sorry attempt at intelligence and snobbery than an actual review. If Wright had taken the necessary steps in reviewing Mayer's album he would have discovered an already polished songwriter whose introspective lyrics provoke thought rather than the bland repitition that plagues much of popular music. Wright is correct in one observation when he states that Mayer seems to be singing and forgetting that there are others present. I agree but I personally find it refreshing to hear an honest approach and response to Mayer's problems rather than a contrite solution meant to appease the listener. Mayer invites the listener into his world in which the listener can identify with his issues rather than forcing himself into the lives of a diverse listening community. Mayer is a force to be reckoned with and an amazing talent. "Room For Squares" is a remarkable debut album. ~ That John Mayer Fan

Personnel:

John Mayer - vocals, guitar, piano, keyboards, vibraphone, percussion

David Davidson

Jerry Marotta - drums

Kristin Wilkinson - viola

Clay Cook

John Alagia - guitar, Hammond B-3 organ, percussion, bells

David LaBruyere - bass

Brandon Bush - Wurlitzer piano, Fender Rhodes piano, Hammond B-3 organ, Mellotron

Nir Z - drums, percussion, loops

David Angel - violin

Chris Fischer - congas

Doug Derryberry - background vocals

Carol Rabinowitz

Jon Catchings - cello

John Mayer - Room for Squares Tracks:

01 No Such Thing

02 Why Georgia

03 My Stupid Mouth

04 Your Body Is a Wonderland

05 Neon