Jodie Marie - Mountain Echo (2012) - CD Rip - MP3 (320kbps CBR) - Includes Cover - iP00D

seeders: 1
leechers: 1
Added on March 3, 2012 by iP00Din Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Jodie Marie - Mountain Echo (2012) - CD Rip - MP3 (320kbps CBR) - Includes Cover - iP00D (Size: 101.22 MB)
 01. Single Blank Canvas.mp310.17 MB
 10 - Remember Me.mp38.91 MB
 11 - Mountain Echo.mp312.96 MB
 2 - Numb.mp39.12 MB
 3 - I Got You.mp36.09 MB
 4 - On the Road.mp38.92 MB
 5 - Dandelion Wishes.mp39.62 MB
 6 - What Would It Take?.mp36.39 MB
 7 - Like a Runaway.mp39.49 MB
 8 - Shadows of Rain.mp310.67 MB
 9 - Greeney-Lue.mp38.86 MB
 Cover.jpg18.04 KB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.me.txt47 bytes

Description

After four years in the making, Jodie Marie is about to release her debut album.

Jodie Marie is a 20-year-old singer-songwriter from Pembrokeshire, South Wales. She is currently touring to promote the release of her new single, ‘On The Road’.
When did you start writing songs?

I guess I’ve always been scribbling away and putting lyric ideas in a little box. Just little snippets of things. I started writing on piano first, but my dad always played guitar around the house and I took up the guitar because of my father, and the music my parents listened to, which was all blues records – people such as Robert Johnson, Bonnie Raitt, BB King. It was all very guitar based, and BB King and Bonnie Raitt are still massive influences.

How were you discovered?

My dad’s a plumber. He was plumbing in a local bed and breakfast and my manager’s father, Roy, was staying there. My dad had been speaking to the landlady about my singing, so when she overheard Roy talking about his son being in the music industry, she got all excited and rang my dad for a CD, which she then played to Roy over breakfast, and it all snowballed from there. They started me off writing with Bernard Butler, and last September I signed to Decca. As someone from the sticks, you never imagine that you’ll be ‘found’. You never think it will be possible.

Coming from Pembrokeshire, do you think there’s a Welsh influence in your music?

Definitely, yes! I speak fluent Welsh and I’ve had singing lessons from the age of six, practising to sing live at eisteddfods. I learned a lot about writing and singing from the eisteddfods, although I haven’t written a Welsh song yet, even though I’d like to. It definitely has had an effect on my music, and my musical path.

How would you describe your album?

The album is called Mountain Echo and it’s out through Decca. The majority of it was recorded live in the studio with Bernard Butler and the producer. It was exciting to get the musicians in the same room and capture the atmosphere of the session. And then there were three tracks that I recorded a little later with Ed Harcourt in the same sort of way. Musically, the album is quite a journey. There are some sad songs on it, and others that lift you back up. The title track came from writing with Ed Harcourt. He’d just found out that his good friend Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse had passed away, and we went ahead and wrote Mountain Echo. It was pretty emotional. We wanted to write something that was sad but beautiful, and I think we accomplished it. I listen to a lot of music that doesn’t come from the heart, but when I write, I write about things that are close to my heart, about things that I’ve gone through. It’s all very emotional.

What’s next for you?

I’ve just been on tour with Will Young, which was great, but I’d like to keep touring, seeing different places and putting out more albums. I’m already writing songs towards the next one. Still writing away and I can’t really stop, to be honest.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
101.22 MB
seeders:1
leechers:1
Jodie Marie - Mountain Echo (2012) - CD Rip - MP3 (320kbps CBR) - Includes Cover - iP00D