Jill Scott - Beautifully Human Words & Sounds Vol. 2 (2004) [FLAC] [log] [cue]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on March 30, 2015 by pityrulesin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Jill Scott - Beautifully Human Words & Sounds Vol. 2 (2004) [FLAC] [log] [cue] (Size: 431.45 MB)
 16 - Jill Scott - I Keep (Album Version).flac50.51 MB
 15 - Jill Scott - My Petition (Album Version).flac25.9 MB
 14 - Jill Scott - Rasool (Album Version).flac21.06 MB
 13 - Jill Scott - Nothing (Interlude) (Album Version).flac6.81 MB
 17 - Jill Scott - Bedda At Home (Acoustic Mix).flac21.79 MB
 Jill Scott Beautifully Human Words and Sounds Vol. 2.cue3.19 KB
 Torrent downloaded from Demonoid.ooo.txt48 bytes
 Jill Scott - Jill Scott Beautifully Human Words and Sounds Vol. 2.m3u1.92 KB
 Jill Scott Beautifully Human Words and Sounds Vol. 2.log5.57 KB
 12 - Jill Scott - Not Like Crazy (Album Version).flac23.38 MB
 11 - Jill Scott - Whatever (Album Version).flac29.09 MB
 05 - Jill Scott - Spring Summer Feeling (Album Version).flac28.69 MB
 04 - Jill Scott - The Fact Is (I Need You) (Album Version).flac26.88 MB
 03 - Jill Scott - Golden (Album Version Aka Original West Coast Mix).flac26.38 MB
 02 - Jill Scott - I'm Not Afraid (Album Version).flac20.12 MB
 06 - Jill Scott - Cross My Mind (Album Version).flac24.9 MB
 07 - Jill Scott - Bedda At Home (Album Version).flac27.32 MB
 10 - Jill Scott - Can't Explain (42nd Street Happenstance) (Album Version).flac28.99 MB
 09 - Jill Scott - Family Reunion (Album Version).flac33.63 MB
 08 - Jill Scott - Talk To Me (Album Version).flac29.25 MB
 01 - Jill Scott - Warm Up (Album Version).flac6.73 MB

Description

Artist: Jill Scott
Release: Beautifully Human - Words And Sounds Vol. 2
Discogs: 343836
Released: 2004 / 2004-08-31
Label: Hidden Beach Recordings
Catalog#: AL 92877-1 / 517652 2
Format: CD
Style: Electronic, Hip Hop, Jazz, Funk / Soul, RnB/Swing, Gospel, Neo Soul

Tracklisting:

01. Warm Up (1:20)
02. I'm Not Afraid (3:26)
03. Golden (3:52)
04. The Fact Is (I Need You) (4:38)
05. Spring Summer Feeling (4:49)
06. Cross My Mind (4:44)
07. Bedda At Home (4:22)
08. Talk To Me (4:44)
09. Family Reunion (5:13)
10. Can't Explain (42nd Street Happenstance) (4:39)
11. Whatever (4:26)
12. Not Like Crazy (3:58)
13. Nothing (Interlude) (1:29)
14. Rasool (3:05)
15. My Petition (4:12)
16A. I Keep (4:14)
16B. Still Here (4:01)
17. Bedda At Home (Acoustic Version) (4:22)

Album Review

Thom Jurek wrote:
Four long years after the issue of Who Is Jill Scott?: Words and Sounds, Vol. 1, the woman returns. Scott has retained a good portion of her team from her debut, like Steve McKeever and co-executive producer Jazzy Jeff Townes. Larry Gold is still in charge of the elegant string arrangements, Andre Harris and Vidal Davis are still here in the rhythm section, and there are others. But there are some top-flight guests here as well, including the great jazz trumpeter Nicholas Payton, Raphael Saadiq, and songwriter and pianist Peter Kuzma, just to name a few. Musically, Scott strolls and swaggers joyously in the no man's land between soul, funk, jazz, and, of course, those swinging hip-hop beats. The spoken word interludes that were so prescient on her debut are all but absent here; Beautifully Human is a singer's record. And what a singer! Scott cites Minnie Riperton once more in her thank-yous. One can feel the presence of that influence here, gracing the shimmering grooves in "My Petition" and "Spring Summer Feeling." But lest the listener think this is all sweetness and light, one must remember the artist's considerable lyrical flair that goes for the grain of the matter, whether that be in the heart, the heavens, or the pit of love's belly. The latter track -- with all of its beautiful strings and acoustic guitars floating, hovering, and gently rolling under the singer's voice -- is punctured by crooned lines like "...it takes more than diamonds/To get me wet." On the laid-back hip-hop manifesto of "I'm Not Afraid," Scott poetically (what else?) lays out not only her sexuality but her spirit, one informing the other, speaking of herself as a free individual who is a willing partner in union in eros, spirit, and everyday life. When it gets to the handclapped silvery funk of "Golden," Scott offers another manifesto, one of accepting life on its own terms and making it hers. She once again evokes the paradoxes in relationships, where -- despite her autonomy -- she needs her partner, not for anything but love. The slippery-slope 4/4 backbeat and winding acoustic guitars flow around the singer as she lets her sweet honeyed voice seep into her lyric. Likewise, the jazz piano and loop of "Cross My Mind" show another side of that same equation as the singer alternately speaks and sings her desire. "Bedda at Home" is the steamy midnight queen funk-soul cut. It's not only in the pocket; its groove is infectious. The sound-effected Motown-kissed soul/hip-hop weave of "Family Reunion" is bittersweet, full of wisdom and rough tenderness. Ultimately, Beautifully Human is an even stronger recording than its predecessor. It's seamless in its construction, unlittered in its production, honestly and elegantly articulated in its poetic soul, and utterly intoxicating in its groove consciousness.

Thanks to the original pirate

Audio info from Track 02 as a sample

General
File size : 20.1 MiB
Duration : 3mn 25s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 820 Kbps
Album : Jill Scott Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2
Track name : I'm Not Afraid (Album Version)
Track name/Position : 02
Performer : Jill Scott

Audio
Format : FLAC
Format/Info : Free Lossless Audio Codec
Duration : 3mn 25s
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 820 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Sampling rate : 44.1 KHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 20.1 MiB (100%)
Writing library : libFLAC 1.2.1 (UTC 2007-09-17)

(YouTube) Jill Scott - Bedda At Home

(YouTube) Jill Scott - Spring Summer Feeling (Ron Trent Mix)

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
431.45 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Jill Scott - Beautifully Human Words & Sounds Vol. 2 (2004) [FLAC] [log] [cue]