Jesse Fuller San Francisco Bay Blues (blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t]

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on May 10, 2012 by rogerccin Music > Mp3
Torrent verified.

Jesse Fuller San Francisco Bay Blues (blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t] (Size: 86.33 MB)
 01 - San Francisco Bay Blues.mp37.21 MB
 02 - Jesse's New Midnight Special.mp36.55 MB
 03 - Morning Blues.mp38.97 MB
 04 - Little Black Train.mp35.57 MB
 05 - Midnight Cold.mp37.46 MB
 06 - Whoa Mule.mp35.62 MB
 07 - John Henry.mp311.31 MB
 08 - I Got A Mind To Ramble.mp36.45 MB
 09 - Crazy About A Woman.mp37.39 MB
 10 - Where Could I Go But To The Lord.mp34.66 MB
 11 - Stealin' Back To My Old Time Used To Be.mp36.54 MB
 12 - Brownskin Girl (I've Got My Eye On You).mp38.43 MB
 Front.jpg172.14 KB

Description

JESSE FULLER SAN FRANCISCO BAY BLUES
Label: Good Time Jazz
Released; 1963
Format:Mp3@320

Born in Jonesboro, Georgia in 1896, Jesse Fuller spent most of his childhood growing up in the countryside outside Atlanta under what you could call less than ideal circumstances in a foster home. Fuller spent the next sixty years working a handful of odd jobs, working on the fields and in the farms, on the railroads and in the factories, and out in the street. His resume even included a stint in the circus and an appearance as an extra in the film The Thief of Bagdad. In the years just before World War II, Fuller found himself living in Oakland, CA and working for the railroad. As work became increasingly difficult to find after the end of the war Fuller began to consider, already well into his 50′s, the possibility of a career in music. This should have been an obvious choice for Fuller, as he had already developed a wide ranging repertoire of songs on the guitar as a boy. After failing to put together a dependable band, Fuller decided he’d simply have to become a one-man band.
San Francisco Bay Blues, Fuller’s first album, was released by the label Good Time Jazz in 1963 and features Fuller performing mostly originals, singing and playing guitar while accompanying himself on a variety of instruments, including harmonica, kazoo, high-hat, and the fotdella–a musical instrument of Fuller’s own creation that is essentially an upright bass with six strings that are plucked by a row of foot pedals. Every track is all Fuller and completely live with no overdubs of any kind.
By the time San Francisco Bay Blues was released in 1963, the title track had long been established as a classic and Jesse Fuller's career had been revived. Nevertheless, the album may be his finest, containing wonderful versions of "San Francisco Bay Blues," "Jesse's New Midnight Special," "John Henry," "I Got a Mind to Ramble" and "Crazy About a Woman," that find Fuller at his easygoing best. ~ Thom Owens

Tracklist
1 San Francisco Bay Blues 3:30
2 Jesse's New Midnight Special 2:36
3 Morning Blues 3:50
4 Little Black Train 2:21
5 Midnight Cold 3:18
6 Whoa Mule 2:22
7 John Henry 6:40
8 I Got a Mind to Ramble 2:44
9 Crazy About a Woman 3:03
10 Where Could I Go but to the Lord 1:57
11 Stealin' Back to My Old Time Used to Be 2:46
12 Brownskin Girl (I've Got My Eye on You) 3:36

Recorded at Good Time Jazz, Los Angeles, 1963. Originally released on Good Time Jazz (0051).

Personnel: Jesse Fuller (vocals, guitar, 12-string guitar, harmonica, kazoo, cymbals).

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
86.33 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0
Jesse Fuller San Francisco Bay Blues (blues)(mp3@320)[rogercc][h33t]