Jaideva Singh - 1979 - Vijnana Bhairava or Divine Consciousness (Scan only) (207p).pdf

seeders: 9
leechers: 3
Added on February 3, 2015 by Anomolousin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Jaideva Singh - 1979 - Vijnana Bhairava or Divine Consciousness (Scan only) (207p).pdf (Size: 27.74 MB)
 Jaideva Singh - 1979 - Vijnana Bhairava or Divine Consciousness (Scan only) (207p).pdf27.74 MB

Description

I offer the scan in addition to the OCR. Sometimes you need to check to clarify something.

Jaideva Singh - 1979 - Vijnana Bhairava or Divine Consciousness (Scan only) (207p)

Language: Sanskrit, Transliteration, English Translation, Exegesis
Paperback: 173 pages
Publisher: Motilal Banarsidass, (February 5, 2002)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 8120808207
ISBN-13: 978-8120808201

Description:
This book is like a Rosetta stone of all of yoga condensed into 108 dharanas or centering techniques. When I first bought this book, I found some of these dharanas were very easy; others I found obscure. The deeper my practice has gone the more I learn.
The key is to absorb the dharanas (centering techniques) that are obvious. Over time, as one's yogic study deepens, many of the others will become apparent. The Vijnana-bhairava was written as the original home-study, Self-study course revealed by Bhairava (God). The practice of any tantric technique is by it's very nature done by oneself as each of our relationships to the Divine is a personal affair.
The amazing thing that this book conveys is a deep understanding of how we can find our connection with the Divine in our moment to moment existence. For the serious student there is no book I recommend more strongly.

Vijnanabhairava is a very ancient book on Yoga. It studiously eschews mechanical worship, external rites and ceremonies and goes directly to the heart of the problem of the union of human consciousness with the Divine. There is no theoretical discussion in the book. It describes 112 types of Yoga each of which is a precious gem delineating the mystic approach to the Divine. For this purpose, it makes full use of all the aspects of human life-prana, manas, imagination and intuition.

About the author:
Jaideva Singh(1893-1986) was a great scholar in musicology, philosophy and Sanskrit. A former principal of Y.D. College, Lakhimpur-Kheri, he served as Chief producer in All-India Radio and among other posts acted as Chairman of U.P. Sangit Natak Academi. He was awarded Padma Bhushan by the Government of India in 1974. After his retirement he settled in Varansi to study with M.M. Gopinath Kaviraj. He dedicated the later part of his life to the study of Kashmir Savism. He published several books in Hindi and English translations of Kashmir Saiva texts, such as Siva-Sutras, Spanda Karika.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
27.74 MB
seeders:9
leechers:3
Jaideva Singh - 1979 - Vijnana Bhairava or Divine Consciousness (Scan only) (207p).pdf