Irenicon (Aidan Harte) - [Wave Trilogy 01]

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on March 16, 2015 by TC8899in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Irenicon (Aidan Harte) - [Wave Trilogy 01] (Size: 3.69 MB)
 Irenicon (Harte, Aidan) - [Wave Trilogy 01].azw31.13 MB
 Irenicon (Harte, Aidan) - [Wave Trilogy 01].epub1.05 MB
 Irenicon (Harte, Aidan) - [Wave Trilogy 01].jpg418.82 KB
 Irenicon (Harte, Aidan) - [Wave Trilogy 01].mobi1.09 MB
 Irenicon (Harte, Aidan) - [Wave Trilogy 01].opf5.47 KB

Description

"If there were stars for world-building, Irenicon would be a five plus, no question," says SFX.

"The book is a fountain of gorgeous detail, festooned with enriching codices and enlightening, subtly subsumed exposition," raved Sci-Fi Now.

The river Irenicon is a feat of ancient Concordian engineering. Blasted through the middle of Rasenna in 1347, using Wave technology, it divided the only city strong enough to defeat the Concordian Empire. But no one could have predicted the river would become sentient--and hostile. Sofia Scaligeri, the soon-to-be Contessa of Rasenna, has inherited a city tearing itself apart from the inside. And try as she might, she can see no way of stopping the culture of vendetta that has the city in its grasp. Until a Concordian engineer arrives to build a bridge over the Irenicon, clarifying everything: the feuding factions of Rasenna can either continue to fight each other or they can unite against their shared enemy. And they will surely need to stand together--for Concord is about to unleash the Wave again.

Review

'If there were stars for world-building Irenicon would be a five plus, no question' SFX. 'The book is a fountain of gorgeous detail, festooned with enriching codices and enlightening, subtly subsumed exposition' Sci-Fi Now. 'exciting and original amid the current fantasy landscape' Fantasy Book Critic. 'Harte is a brilliant new voice in historical fantasy, and this is quite simply the best piece of fantasy that I have read so far this year' Inter Zone magazine. 'Harte manages to combine a series of intricate plots lines, intriguing characters and the creation of his version of renaissance Europe without ever becoming confusing ... Harte proves the genre can be as thought-provoking and intelligent as any other work of fiction ... he has created a world that could have easily stepped out of any history book, but which is infinitely more interesting' Blogcritics. 'Seriously impressed both by the quality of the ideas and the ingenuity with which they are explored in the text ... Irenicon is completely fascinating' Thinking About Books. 'I definitely recommend this one, a real unexpected find for me that I really enjoyed. 4.5 out of 5' Tenacious Reader.

About the Author

Aidan Harte (b 1979) studied sculpture at the Florence Academy of Art and currently works as a sculptor in Dublin. Before discovering sculpture, he worked in animation and TV; in 2006 he created and directed the TV show Skunk Fu, which has been shown on Cartoon Network, Kids WB and the BBC.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
3.69 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
Irenicon (Aidan Harte) - [Wave Trilogy 01]