Introduction to Wireless Local Loop: Broadband and Narrowband Systems (2nd Edition) - William Webb [Seduction28]

seeders: 0
leechers: 0
Added on March 31, 2016 by Seduction28in Books > Textbooks
Torrent verified.

Introduction to Wireless Local Loop: Broadband and Narrowband Systems (2nd Edition) - William Webb [Seduction28] (Size: 1.46 MB)
 Introduction to Wireless Local Loop - Broadband and Narrowband Systems (2e) - William Webb...1.45 MB
 Readme.htm1.51 KB

Description

Featuring developing technologies, updated market forecasts, and current regulatory initiatives, this text aims to keep the reader at the forefront of emerging products, services and issues affecting the field of wireless local loop (WLL) technology. The second edition includes new chapters on WLL deployment, the WLL market, and a substantial review of broadband technologies, as well as new sections on prediction of user requirements and the emerging UMTS standard.

From The Author

Wireless local loop - the use of radio to provide a communications link to homes and businesses - has been a topic of much interest in the wireless community since around 1995. However, much has changed over the last five years. In the first edition of this book, I looked in detail at the use of wireless local loop as a means to provide connections to homes at low and medium data rates. Since then the emphasis has changed towards higher bandwidth systems able to provide 1 - 10Mbits/s to homes and up to 1Gbits/s to businesses.

In this second edition, I have taken the opportunity to look in detail at this new class of wireless system, with extended chapters covering broadband technology and operation. I have also looked back over the last five years to ask why the original vision for fixed wireless changed and what the implications are for the future.

The aim of this book is to be the single point of reference for engineers, managers, marketers, sales teams and others working in the area of fixed wireless, within manufacturers, operators, regulators, consultants and others involved in the industry.

I have been highly active in the fixed wireless arena since 1997, working as Motorola's head of strategy for fixed wireless and chairing and presenting at many industry conferences. This book is a synthesis of all I have heard and learnt and has become widely used within the industry.

About the Author

William Webb is the head of the wireless local loop division at Netcom Consultants. He joined Ofcom as Head of Research and Development and Senior Technologist in 2003. Here he manages a team providing technical advice and performing research across all areas of Ofcom's regulatory remit. He also leads some of the major reviews conducted by Ofcom including the Spectrum Framework Review, the development of Spectrum Usage Rights and most recently cognitive or white space policy. Previously, William worked for a range of communications consultancies in the UK in the fields of hardware design, computer simulation, propagation modelling, spectrum management and strategy development. William also spent three years providing strategic management across Motorola's entire communications portfolio, based in Chicago.

William has published ten books, eighty papers, and four patents. He is a Visiting Professor at Surrey University and DeMontfort University and a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering, the IEEE and the IET where he is as a Vice President. His biography is included in multiple "Who's Who" publications around the world. William has a first class honours degree in electronics, a PhD and an MBA. He can be contacted at william.webb@ofcom.org.uk.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.46 MB
seeders:0
leechers:0
Introduction to Wireless Local Loop: Broadband and Narrowband Systems (2nd Edition) - William Webb [Seduction28]