Ibn Warraq - What the Koran Really Says [2002]

seeders: 7
leechers: 3
Added on March 20, 2014 by Anette14in Books > Ebooks
Torrent verified.

Ibn Warraq - What the Koran Really Says [2002] (Size: 36.51 MB)
 Back Cover.jpg38.2 KB
 folder.jpg117.46 KB
 Ibn Warraq - What the Koran Really Says [2002].epub5.63 MB
 Ibn Warraq - What the Koran Really Says [2002].pdf30.73 MB

Description

Product Details
Book Title: What the Koran Really Says. Language, Text & Commentary
Book Author: Ibn Warraq
Hardcover: 782 pages
Publisher: Prometheus Books; First Edition edition (October 1, 2002)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 157392945X
ISBN-13: 978-1573929455

Islam has worldwide influence, and even in the United States is experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. Its sacred book, the Koran, is the subject of voluminous commentary, yet it rarely receives the kind of objective critical scrutiny that has been applied to the texts of the Bible for over a century. To correct this neglect of objective scholarship, this author has assembled an excellent collection of critical commentaries on the Koran published by noted scholars from the beginning of the 20th century to recent times. These important studies, as well as his own lengthy introduction, show that little about the text of the Koran can be taken at face value. Among the fascinating topics discussed is evidence that early Muslims did not understand Muhammad's original revelation, that the ninth-century explosion of literary activity was designed to organize and make sense of an often incoherent text, and that much of the traditions surrounding Muhammad's life were fabricated long after his death in an attempt to give meaning to the Koran. Also of interest are suggestions that Coptic and other Christian sources heavily influenced much of the text and that some passages reflect even an Essenian background reaching back to the community of the Dead Sea Scrolls. This outstanding volume will be a welcome resource to interested lay readers and scholars alike.

Editorial Reviews
Review

"For the professional Islamicist, it is enormously convenient to have all these articles assembled together in a single work. For anyone interested in the Koran, it will be a boon to understanding Islam. …robustly critical scholarship…."
-Times Literary Supplement

"Like Ibn Warraq's earlier (and extraordinary) Why I Am Not a Muslim, this book offers a perspective on Islam and the Koran which demands a wider reading and a wider debate , and not just in the Christian and secular West.... [An] excellent book on a sensitive and under-explored subject."
-Fortean Times

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
36.51 MB
seeders:7
leechers:3
Ibn Warraq - What the Koran Really Says [2002]

All Comments

Excellent book & copy.
Thanks for taking the time to upload.
Thank you for this upload!

I agree such books are very important! What bothers me though is that people don't care about eyes-open books much, they are comfortable with the delusion they have and any possible change scares them. The books which contains logic and reason (aka the truth) are dangerous like fire for them. I call this phenomenon "slaves in love with their slavery". The problem is that take us, the free humans, down with them.
Thank you vessto for your kind words about my uploads.
A very, very important book!!

Thank you so much for uploading it to our Cat Box,
It's my pleasure, friend.