[Ian Scott] American Politics in Hollywood Film - PDF - zeke23

seeders: 1
leechers: 0
Added on December 30, 2014 by zeke23in Books
Torrent verified.

[Ian Scott] American Politics in Hollywood Film - PDF - zeke23 (Size: 1.88 MB)
 [Ian_Scott]_American_Politics_in_Hollywood_Film(Bokos-Z1).pdf1.88 MB

Description

From high-power celebrity endorsements to Governor Schwarzenegger's political win, Hollywood and politics have never been more intimate. As political film-making continues to explode in America, American Politics in Hollywood Film provides contemporary insight and analysis into the relationship between these tw0o powerful institutions.

Exploring the strength and consequences of this association, the new edition of this staple course book has detailed coverage of the past ten years, including insight on TV series, films, and documentaries like The West Wing, 24, Man of the Year, W, Farenheit 9/11, and Why We Fight, as well as election films and bio-pics. By drawing on these examples, Scott demonstrates how Hollywood is influenced by politics and how television and film play an increasingly important role in American politics.

Role: Senior Lecturer in American Studies

Email: ian.s.scott@manchester.ac.uk

Tel: 0161 275-3059

School of Arts, Languages and Cultures
The University of Manchester
Manchester
M13 9PL

Websites

School of Arts, Languages and Cultures

Biography

I received my undergraduate degree in Politics and History from the Manchester Metropolitan University in 1988, an MA in American History and Institutions from the University of Keele in 1990, and a PhD also from Keele in 1996. I have taught American Studies at Crewe and Alsager College (later Faculty of MMU), Keele and the Open University. I joined the staff at Manchester in 1994 and served as Programme Director from 2000-2003. I am currently Senior Lecturer in American Studies, Admissions Tutor for English, American Studies and Creative Writing, and serve on the Peer Review Panel of the Arts and Humanities Research Council. I was the Conference Coordinator for the annual meeting of the British Association for American Studies (BAAS) at Manchester in 2012.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.88 MB
seeders:1
leechers:0
[Ian Scott] American Politics in Hollywood Film - PDF - zeke23