Hound Dog Taylor and the Houserockers - Genuine Houserocking Music (1982) APE

seeders: 2
leechers: 0
Added on March 19, 2014 by RoamingElkin Music > Lossless
Torrent verified.

Hound Dog Taylor and the Houserockers - Genuine Houserocking Music (1982) APE (Size: 205.5 MB)
 img061.jpg3.17 MB
 img062.jpg1.13 MB
 img060.jpg3.57 MB
 img059.jpg5.66 MB
 Hound Dog Taylor and the HouseRockers - Genuine House Rocking Music.ape191.96 MB
 Hound Dog Taylor and the HouseRockers - Genuine House Rocking Music.cue1.63 KB
 Genuine House Rocking Music.log1.08 KB

Description

Hound Dog Taylor and the Houserockers - Genuine Houserocking Music (1982) APE

Review

With Alligator label prexy Bruce Iglauer recording some 20 or 30 tracks over two nights every time the band went into the studio, there were bound to be some really great tracks lurking in the vaults and these are it. Noteworthy for the great performance of Robert Johnson's "Crossroads," (previously only available as a Japanese 45) but also for the "rock & roll" inclusion of "What'd I Say" and Brewer Phillips' take on "Kansas City." No bottom of the barrel scrapings here.
(Allmusic)

Artist

Theodore Roosevelt "Hound Dog" Taylor was born in Mississippi in 1915 or 1917, depending upon who you ask, in honor of the 26th President of the United States He became a full-time musician around 1957 (my Junior year in high school), but was unknown outside of the Chicago area, where he played in small clubs in the Black neighborhoods, and the Maxwell Street Market. He had that experience in common with many Chicago Blues legends, including Big Bill Broonzy, Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Bo Diddley and Howlin' Wolf. It can fairly be said that Rock and Roll was born in the Maxwell Street Market. The last Blues performances on Maxwell Street occurred at the end of the 20th Century

He was known for his skill with his electric bottleneck guitar; his style was roughly patterned after that of Elmore James, his cheap Japanese guitars, and raucous boogie beats. He was also famed among guitar players for having six fingers on his left hand. (pic is on the site)
( http://www.squidoo.com/the-blues-hound-dog-taylor )

Track List
1. Hound Dog Taylor - Ain't Got Nobody (3:30)
2. Hound Dog Taylor - Gonna Send You Back To Georgia (5:03)
3. Hound Dog Taylor - Fender Bender (3:01)
4. Hound Dog Taylor - My Baby's Coming Home (2:55)
5. Hound Dog Taylor - Blue Guitar (3:38)
6. Hound Dog Taylor - The Sun Is Shining (5:32)
7. Hound Dog Taylor - Phillips Goes Bananas (2:37)
8. Hound Dog Taylor - What'd I Say (2:54)
9. Hound Dog Taylor - Kansas City (3:50)
10. Hound Dog Taylor - Crossroads (2:22)

Media Info

LAbel : Alligator
Genre : Blues
Year : 1982
Format : APE (image +. cue)
Bitrate : lossless
Duration : 35:22

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
205.5 MB
seeders:2
leechers:0