Her Perilous Journey.mobi

seeders: 1
leechers: 2
Added on January 31, 2016 by Miahuatlanin Books > Fiction
Torrent verified.

Her Perilous Journey.mobi (Size: 3.35 MB)
 Her Perilous Journey.mobi3.35 MB

Description

2015 release of Lorena Cassady's first fiction release. A funny and poignant picaresque romp of a young heroine through the 50s, 60s and 70s in America, from the Beats to the Hippies and beyond. Meet Regina's brilliant and insane mother, creepy and inappropriate stepfather, the beatnik who initiated her into sex, her hillbilly in-laws, and sexually retarded husband. Along the way we also meet Duke Ellington, revisit the Kennedy assassination and the Civil Rights movement, and the twisted byways of free love and lost fathers. This is the first book in the "New Woman" Trilogy, the second expected in 2016.

Praise for "Her Perilous Journey"

“Lorena is a very talented writer; wry and wise and adventurous.”
--Anne Lamott, Author
Small Victories: Spotting Improbable Moments of Grace

“Like the best, truest comics, the narrator’s humor is tinged with loss and sadness, contained by the spare language of a storyteller…Regina’s life, careening from adventure to disaster to travesty to sweet epiphany, is what gives this book it’s undeniable verve.”
--Fred Setterberg, Author
Lunch Bucket Paradise

“This is dazzling. Very funny. Very original. It has that kind of authority that says, don’t mess with me—I know what I’m doing, and you can take this on its own terms or walk away. And there’s an invigorating moral sensibility at work here, a real affirmation of life.”
Mary Jane Moffat, Author
The Times of Our Lives: A Guide to Writing Autobiography and Memoir

“Lorena Cassady’s writing is just as gutsy, determined, and energetic as her character, Regina IV. It’s the kind of coming of age story we haven’t read before, not in a woman’s voice.”
--Patrice Vecchione Author
Step into Nature: Nurturing Imagination & Spirit in Everyday Life
The Knot Untied (Poetry)

“I don’t deserve this pleasure—I should be out hauling wood in the high wind. This is just spellbinding. Every word considered. Every image fresh.”
--William MacBride

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
3.35 MB
seeders:1
leechers:2
Her Perilous Journey.mobi