Heather Wood - Third Class Ticket (292p) [Anomolous].pdf

seeders: 6
leechers: 3
Added on February 14, 2015 by Anomolousin Books > Non-fiction
Torrent verified.

Heather Wood - Third Class Ticket (292p) [Anomolous].pdf (Size: 1.49 MB)
 Heather Wood - Third Class Ticket (292p) [Anomolous].pdf1.49 MB

Description

Series: Penguin Travel Library
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Penguin Books (September 1, 1990)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0140095276
ISBN-13:

Anomolous made this, and is releasing it for the first time.

I read this book many years ago and liked it a lot. I looked all over the Internet for it, and finally found a transcribed version on someone's personal homepage. I made a simple PDF from that. Now I'm sharing that with you. I don't think you will find this book anywhere else.

It's the true story. A rani, the rich lady landowner of a small village, has died. She left a will. In the will, she arranged with Indian Railways to have a special train car that would take the people of her village all around so they could experience more of their country and more of life.

Heather Wood, the author, went along with them for some portion of their trip and writes her account.

Third Class Ticket details a journey around India by a group from a poor rural, and tradition-bound, village. Although a supposedly factual account, this book reads like a novel and the reader becomes emotionally involved with the characters as they discard old village prejudices and have their eyes opened by the diversity of their own country. Heather Wood tells the story with a wonderful combination of humility and compassion.
For anyone with the slightest interest in India (or in people!), this book is required reading; its only drawback is that it doesn't go on for much longer than it does.

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
1.49 MB
seeders:6
leechers:3