Gimme Shelter:Rolling Stones Documentary bdrip

seeders: 2
leechers: 1
Added on February 19, 2013 by Heidi-Annein Movies > Documentary
Torrent verified.

Gimme Shelter:Rolling Stones Documentary bdrip (Size: 699.21 MB)
 Gimme Shelter:Rolling Stones Documentary.mp4699.21 MB

Description

Don't get me wrong, in spite of the following critique I love the Rolling Stones, which is why I wanted to share this film. Altamont gave the Rolling Stones a very bad "rap" but perhaps their worst personal crime in it all was naivety AND envy. The Rolling Stones gave as their reason for the free concert -- which was somewhat free for them too as they chose to pay a security force of killers only 500 dollars worth of beer to keep the peace -- the criticism they had received for high ticket prices during their North American tour. So a final free concert was meant to redeem them in some small way. But I think the real reason is that they had not been invited to appear at Woodstock. Songs like "Sympathy for the Devil" and "Street Fighting Man" were deemed inappropriate for Woodstock, which despite its crowds had fairly good security, health professionals and a stage situated above, not below, the crowd. Hiring the Hell's Angels was a part of the problem, but not the entire problem. The Angels never promised to provide any real security, and the young man, Merideth Hunter--who was stabbed by an Angel by the name of Alan Passaro--was indeed carrying a revolver as well as high on methamphetamines when he attempted to climb the stage. Passaro was acquitted of the crime on the grounds of self-defense. While some refer to the free Rolling Stones Altamont concert as the "end of the summer of love" it had been a very bad year in general for the love generation -- Woodstock took place only days after the Manson Family attacks, and while it detracted attention from those murders, it was becoming difficult even for the hippies to separate their own fairy tale peter pan selves from the destructive drug fuelled adolescent angst that turned adults who thought they were still forever free children into hateful killers. Three other people died at Altamont, but a search by this writer could not find even a mention of their names -- two were killed by unknown and unnamed hit and run drivers; the third was likely purposely drowned in an on site irrigation canal. Some writers refer to Altamont as a 'complicated metaphor' for the end of the love generation. I think just maybe all that happened was that they realized it was time to grow up. Children in adult bodies don't play well with others, and while we may wish to polarize the "nice hippies" against the "bad bikers" at Altamont on the sixth of December, 1969, they were both out of control. And to be surprised at how badly the Hell's Angels took security to the next level? When I was growing up bullies enjoyed attacking on bikes, so what if it's a chopper instead of a Shwinn? Give those little ass kicking bullies bigger bodies, some drugs, some knives and a sense of importance and it's all the same game. It was over, and it was sad and it was wrong. Too bad no one involved was in the right, not the Stones, not the Bikers, and not the hippies. The dream of dropping out had become a little too close to dropping dead OR, perhaps, dropping someone else dead. As Peter Fonda says at the end of Easy Rider "We blew it, man...." (Heidi-Anne) ;)

Related Torrents

torrent name size seed leech

Sharing Widget

Download torrent
699.21 MB
seeders:2
leechers:1
Gimme Shelter:Rolling Stones Documentary bdrip

Screenshots

Gimme Shelter:Rolling Stones Documentary bdrip screenshot

All Comments

I have NO IDEA why it is saying no seeds, on my machine I've uploaded it 34 times. KAT is weird that way sometimes.....
Thank you!